Used 1997 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Leaky lumina
By Preston Alexander

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

When I received the car a few months ago, it had great millage, it has great get up and go and it is great on gas. It used to be a security car at UNT. since I got it, I had to replace the starter and seal a leak in the transmission line. Now it is leaking power steering fluid and its going run from $200-$500 to fix. That's a whole lot of money when your a broke college kid.

Love this car
By lrodriguez2

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I still drive my 1997 Lumina and it has 260,000 miles on it.
It has been the best car I have ever driven.
I have never had any major issues with the car.
Car maintenance is key.
It is a comfortable ride, still has great pickup and handles nicely on curves.
It's roomy without being an overbearingly large car.
Wish they still made them.

Handling, comfort

chevy lumina
By mmeder337

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

the chevy lumina is the best car ever i had mine for 12 years never had any problems with it i wish they still made it i just got the impala i hope it is as good to me as the lumina was

Mine is actually a 3.8 V6
By tracym1974

1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina in 2004 and just sold it. I never had a problem with this car. All I had to do to it was regular maintenance, oil change, brakes, plugs, other fluids. Well, I did have to replace the compressor after 6 yrs and a new battery. It drove smooth as silk. I always felt very safe in this car. Initially, I thought the car was nothing to look at but after driving it all these years..the looks didn't matter. I had two wrecks in this car and it bounced back everytime. I wish I didn't sell it. Bought it with 76,000miles on it and sold it with 206,000. It never left me stranded not once. I am looking for another one.

The power. This car would get up and go. Heavy enough that it always held its ground.

None

my restoration project
By racingnut

1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

ive owned my 97 lumina just over a year now it has 194,000 miles on it and still runs great.i drove it 3,000 miles first week round trip from temple texas through tucson arizona to colorado springs then back to temple texas.cost fuel less then 360$.not one issue along the way.i have never owned a car more consumer friendly then chevrolet when it comes to replacing parts.i was able to disassemble my 92 celebrity 4cylinder replace the head gaskets and reassemble in about 4 hours thats pretty good.i give chevrolet a
five star reveiw.

power and riding comfort. ease of replacement on parts.corners great even on loose gravel and ice.

divide the front seats.more cup holders (not in the armrest that was a bad idea.new dashboard design with metallic and wood trim.design the armrests to be more comfortable and durable and not crack.raise the seat height about 1 3/4 in.tighter turn radius,and more power is always good.better to have and not need then need and not have.redesign the seats to look better but maintain the same soft cloth material.