Smart Buy
By KBCE on
1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan
Purchased @ $134,000.... I'm 30 miles from 150K. I put in New alternator, got rid of air box, got an alignment, (4 wheel), add ed tach & vacume gauges. Plan on dumping SunRoof, wheels & keyless. This car is worth that investment in all manner of speaking. I'm 1/2 a Century old & have piloted a few machines. This unit gets 35 MPH with me alone in it with gear, @ NOT over 70 mph! 50 to 55 on flat is closer 2 40MPH. Only a fool would pass-up a car this Safe & Cost effictive. I paid $2500. My next unit will B another one of these but not newer then 2001. (Read all U can on these & U'll C where the lines of quality start & stop).
Favorite Features
Room, handling, safety features & craftsmanship. Great visibility! Excellent ride & comfort. I LOVE the 4 wheel independent + torsion bars. Very solid over all. I just feel Chevrolet everywhere in & about it!...{;^) {U'll never know till U ride a long way in 1}......[in all conditions].
Suggested Improvements
Some, (very few actually), cheap things. Door locks can lock ~U~ out!!! Mill is 2 tight a fit 4 some servicings, (2 me anyway). Either higher seats & passenger openings or raise the rigs a tad 4 Tall folks.