Used 1996 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Good Car
By Rickster

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

This car is decent. I bought this car at around 92k, and now i am at 98k. The car has a nice, roomy interior with an okay exterior. The brakes are mushy and take time to get used too. The car is weak going up hills, but who cares when your getting awesome gas mileage. Despite the mushy brakes and weak power, this car is VERY reliable.

gas mileage, reliability, roomy interior

Much improved Brakes, better design ( int and ext), stronger engine and stronger tranny

very reliable
By S BAKER

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in feb 1996. Still own the car and still driving. It now has 211,100 miles. The only problems have been minor until last year. We had to get a rebuilt transmission installed. Love this car and will keep until it no longer can be fixed. Purchased a Pontiac Bonneville in 2002 because of on the interstate driving, but I still drive the lumina from time to time to work. As a matter of fact I drove it to work today. This is a 75 mile trip. Very reliable car and was a great price.

Reliability and comfort.

Make more of them

Nice Whip
By major figgaz

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought mine couple of months ago it is dark green it has good looking rims. I just gotta tune it up and get the intake manifold gasket fixed. The interior was left really dirty but I cleaned it up as much as i can but there is still stains in some places. I really like the car its prob the only car in Chevy that's reliable.

V6 sound, style, cruise comfort, luxury

make better gaskets cause they are the common problems in luminas

I loved my Lumina
By bndr37

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I absolutely loved my Lumina. It was my first car, and it just recently died at a whopping total of 308,000 miles on it. I didn't have to put any work into it while I owned it except the usual oil change and whatnot. The only reason I didn't keep it was because I blew a head gasket and it would have cost me more to fix it than the car was worth, since I only paid $600 for it.

I loved the smooth ride it gave and the fact that it had power windows and power locks.

Another audio option such as CD player or Tape player. I only had a radio, so I couldn't hook up my iPod or play CD's at all. Remote locks would have been nice too.

Great bang for the buck
By dax1dax1

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Have had one for ten years. Fast, good gas, reliable overall. 188,867 miles - and going. Items replaced - Water pump, Throttle sensor, rear wheel hub & anti-lock brake sensor, front linkage (rough roads.) 2 or three window motors (smoker though - window always going up and down.) Handles well, better than it feels. LS model - pretty sporty for a sedan. I drive aggresively, but the tires wear well.

Gas, power, steering, headlights.

Better seat material. Better window motors

• SUV