Used 1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Reliable
By brucep

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Original Owner. Roadworthy, reliable, midsize sedan. Low mileage for its age (133,700). Good tires and cold A/C. Graphite exterior and interior. Matching color original Alloy wheels.

Reliability and low maintenance costs.

None

should I should I not
By winnie

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I use to love my car because it had alot of comfort that I had not had before. I am not able to do alot of the maintenance that older cars require and I thought about getting a new one.

I would have to refer back to when purchased. It was the fact I had a/c, now I don't have a favorite feature.

A/C needs repaired and passenger side front end replaced

**THE AMERICAN POWER**
By LUMILORIAN

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great, love the 16 inch tires and rims, it's roomy, v6 bullet proof engine, 6 passenger seating, power Windows, and power locks, its very useful you can put a lot of things on it, I traveled far away and never put me off the road, regular maintenance, cheap to have, very quiet car, its not heavy so you can make it faster with additional modifications.

v6 sound, power windows, power locks, remote trunk release, keyless, tachometer, auto trans.

Additional gauges, oil, volts, trans temp. V8 engine. Fog lamps, cup holders in back seat, as the montecarlo slipbench in the back. Storage compartment in the top of the dash. 6 speakers.

Good Car
By Rickster

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is decent. I bought this car at around 92k, and now i am at 98k. The car has a nice, roomy interior with an okay exterior. The brakes are mushy and take time to get used too. The car is weak going up hills, but who cares when your getting awesome gas mileage. Despite the mushy brakes and weak power, this car is VERY reliable.

gas mileage, reliability, roomy interior

Much improved Brakes, better design ( int and ext), stronger engine and stronger tranny

very reliable
By S BAKER

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in feb 1996. Still own the car and still driving. It now has 211,100 miles. The only problems have been minor until last year. We had to get a rebuilt transmission installed. Love this car and will keep until it no longer can be fixed. Purchased a Pontiac Bonneville in 2002 because of on the interstate driving, but I still drive the lumina from time to time to work. As a matter of fact I drove it to work today. This is a 75 mile trip. Very reliable car and was a great price.

Reliability and comfort.