1996 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Fantastic Buy For $1000
By jamescl on 10/30/12 22:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

An amazing purchase, got the car not too long ago and ever since has been driving down the road perfectly. Very smooth riding, gear changing and steady braking and acceleration. Everything on the car works except for AC/cool air but since it's soon to be winter, shouldn't be too much of a problem at all for some time. The interior I have seen much better on cars but for what it is, it's not bad at all. Exterior design I just love. The overall build quality seems to be pretty solid beside a few things I can name like seatbelt buckles can be pretty difficult at times but still usable, just fiddle with them for a few seconds and they're good to go. Overall a very good car, recommend!

Incredible Car
By Jeff on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Bought it at 90,000 miles in Jan 2003 and have 317,000 miles on it now. Have replaced transmission, water pump and air conditioner in last seven years. Purchase price was $4000 and repairs have come to $3800. A fantastic investment for 227,000 miles of transportation.

Most Reliable Car We've Ever Owned
By Chaya on 06/05/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for a few years now. We purchased it used, of course. It has broke down a few times, but has NEVER stopped running. Nothing stops this car! It is definitely worth paying the money to keep it up and have for its lifetime. The gas mileage doesn't beat our Dodge Neon, but we would never sell our Chevy Lumina. When it gets cold our other cars stall and sometimes won't even start. The Lumina starts every time we crank it as long as it has gas. Seems like Chevy has been doing a good job. Their cars seem to last more years than most other names even when you have gotten caught up with other things letting them sit for a while. I once had a Chevy Beretta. Also a Great car!

Terrible car
By Peace0072 on 01/19/10 10:51 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Only had this car for 8 months and bought it with only 118,000 on it. It now only has 134,000. I replaced radiator, head gaskets, water pump, thermostat and it is completely dead and no one knows whats going on in with it. I am very disappointed and would not recommend anyone buying one.

let go driveing
By jj on 12/07/09 10:27 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Very good car paid only 2500 had it for 2 years no work done to the hard put about 45,000 miles on the cars since I had it. Only thing I have ever done is change oil. Need a car with out a big repair this is the one for you.

Reliable
By brucep on 10/26/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Original Owner. Roadworthy, reliable, midsize sedan. Low mileage for its age (133,700). Good tires and cold A/C. Graphite exterior and interior. Matching color original Alloy wheels.

should I should I not
By winnie on 07/22/09 14:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I use to love my car because it had alot of comfort that I had not had before. I am not able to do alot of the maintenance that older cars require and I thought about getting a new one.

**THE AMERICAN POWER**
By LUMILORIAN on 06/11/09 06:35 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great, love the 16 inch tires and rims, it's roomy, v6 bullet proof engine, 6 passenger seating, power Windows, and power locks, its very useful you can put a lot of things on it, I traveled far away and never put me off the road, regular maintenance, cheap to have, very quiet car, its not heavy so you can make it faster with additional modifications.

Good Car
By Rickster on 05/03/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

This car is decent. I bought this car at around 92k, and now i am at 98k. The car has a nice, roomy interior with an okay exterior. The brakes are mushy and take time to get used too. The car is weak going up hills, but who cares when your getting awesome gas mileage. Despite the mushy brakes and weak power, this car is VERY reliable.

very reliable
By S BAKER on 04/13/09 06:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in feb 1996. Still own the car and still driving. It now has 211,100 miles. The only problems have been minor until last year. We had to get a rebuilt transmission installed. Love this car and will keep until it no longer can be fixed. Purchased a Pontiac Bonneville in 2002 because of on the interstate driving, but I still drive the lumina from time to time to work. As a matter of fact I drove it to work today. This is a 75 mile trip. Very reliable car and was a great price.

1 2 3 4 5 next »