1995 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Bad Luck Car
By smh1543614 on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems, one after another. Do not purchase a Lumina with the 3.4L engine.All repair costs are double, due to increased labor costs...based on parts not being accessible under hood. Car is also a gas hog.

SHOULD NEVER HAVE DISCONTINUED
By STEVE12175 on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

THIS WAS MY FIRST NEW CAR AFTER AHVING TO BUT USED MY WHOLE LIFE AND I'VE NEVER REGRETTED IT. IT HASN'T COST ME ONE PENNY IN REPAIRS. RIDES LIKE MORE EXPENSIVE CAR. EXCELLENT MILAGE ON LONG TRIPS. HANDLES GREAT AND HAS GOOD PICKUP. WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ANOTHER IF THEY STARTED MAKING THEM AGAIN.

My Chevy
By Katherine Jolly on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

I love my chevy. It runs great at 112K miles and still gets 26 miles to the gallon in the city. I have had no major problems with this car. Great pick-up and a comfortable ride.

Good Dependable Transpotation
By verticalbackdraft on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

This model I own is basic by todays standards. I feel that is has a good reliable drivetrain and suspension.

Three Times a Loser
By 3 times a loser on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new with the hopes that the third new GM vehicle that we purchased might make it past 80,000 without major repairs. Our hopes were once again crushed, as before it made 80,000 miles the transmission went out costing $700 to repair, two weeks later the engine started leaking coolant into the crankcase through a blown head gasket which cost another $800 to repair. GM just can't seem to get it right. Too bad, as this will be my last GM product.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly
By Motor mind on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

As far as being dependable, the only major problem we have had is the intake manifold gasket leaked antifreeze into the oil. The car likes to rust on Bottom of the back doors and the rear quarter over the wheel well. The engine has a lot of piston slap when it is cold, when it warms up it goes away. This is extremely annoying to me. The engine doesnít run as smooth as it should with the AC on. It does have good acceleration. The radio sounds good. The anti lock brake malfunction light comes on all the time. I have had the front end aliened many times, but the tires still donít last very long. I would recommend putting 70 series tires instead of 75.

Great car!
By happyguy53 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

We have had a 95 Lumina for 7 years, and it has been great! The car has a good pickup and go, (v6 engine to thank for that) and we have had to put remarkably few repairs into it. We even parked it outside in the elements for 4 years straight, and it stood up to the snow, sun, and rain without rusting. A good car, very reliable, and fun to drive, too. Chevy did a good job with this one.

'95 Lumina
By dpiisvp on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Good overall sedan. Rides like a bigger, smoother car. Not fancy, but good performer. I like it.

bad
By mjr on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan

These cars have a bad engine. They usually leak coolant into the engine.