1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Never a Problem
By Jkm3427 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Never had a problem.

'Twas a Sleeper
By Deke on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Considering the price (under 16G) when new, this one was a sleeper. Surprisingly tight, smooth ride, although that has deteriorated somewhat as tires have worn. There have been repairs, including transmission pan leak, and it's worthwhile keeping current with various filter replacements. Engine's a willing worker, but not very refined. Contrary to Consumers Reports review, the handling with Goodrich tires is sharp and precise for a car its size.

Wish I'd bought a Ford
By rp on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

* GENERATOR REPLACED @ 50,000 MILES *TRANSMISSION REPLACED @ 77,000 MILES ($2000) *TRUNK LEAKS SINCE NEW

Get a life
By Turk42 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought it 2nd hand for $10k with 43,000 miles and have put 63,000 miles on it. Have had some repairs, but because it is a chevy not too dear. The guy whining about rust and piston slap-GET A LIFE!! My car is going on 8 years and the rust is just begining to show.

Nice Car
By Ryu Saotome on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car when it was at about 100,000 miles. So far I've only had to pay for one repair. A fuel injector shorted out at around 133,000 miles. It cost $300. Considering how inexpensive this vehicle is compared to an import, it didn't bother me. It's quite roomy. The seats and ride are comfortable, and all the controls are within reach and easy to use. I also apreciate the great visibility. Performance is what you would expect from a 4door sedan. I appreciate the available power on the highway. As someone else said in their review, this is a great highway car. Overall, this car is a great value.

Expect High Maint.
By rickluminajunk on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lumina new and have been the only owner. My wife uses it to do small commutes. My car has 49,945 miles. I have replaced the engine once, defective design GM knows about but could care less about customers to admit or repair. My cost $2,000. Brakes 4 sets in 7 years, again poor design GM knows about but doesn't care. 3 sets of tires and 2 exhaust systems. If you can avoid the Lumina DO IT.

A good used car!
By LmnaDrvr on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the 95 std lumina in 2000. Since then the only money I have had to put into this car was for new tires. I've left home for college and my car sits outside unused for long periods of time,even in the cold and it still starts easily every single time. It gets pretty good gas milieage for the size of it. While all my friends have newer cars with less miles on them, they still are having to spend thousands of dollars on repairs for their cars, while my old, yet trusty lumina is always there to give them rides while their cars are in the shop. The only problem I have had with the car are the dashboard lights.

I'm Finished with GM
By rrt on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car was not a good purchase. A chronic oil leak, continual problems with power windows (1 front, 1 rear) and the trunk release have been irritating. Attention to quality in the details just isn't there.

good used care
By okanne on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

good used car, purchased new and still driving 100,000 miles and 7 yrs later.

THE BEST!
By STMYERS on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

THIS IS THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED! I WAS TOLD THAT IT RODE BETTER THAN A CHRYSLER LHS BY THE LHS OWNER HIMSELF. IT WAS 6000 DOLLARS CHEAPER AT THE TIME. THE TRACTION CONTROL IS FANTASTIC IN THE BAD WEATHER. I'M ONLY SORRY THAT CHEVY STOPPED MAKING THEM. I HOPE THEY START UP AGAIN. NOT A BIT OF TROUBLE IN 7 YEARS!