1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
wonderful w-body
By jay on 05/04/10 18:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought the lumina Euro of Craigslist for $500. It has over 211,000 mi. I don't know if this car has the original motor in it. I run and drives great. The motor is so in tune it sounds like the 97 olds cutlass 3100 sfi. The is my 3rd lumina I had a 93 Euro and 91 z34.

one hell of a car
By silverbullet on 12/03/09 16:39 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my lumina for about four 5 years and i really am going to miss it i bought it with 85000mi and will haft to part with it with about 170000mi due to a problem with the transmission, good gas mileage and good car with minimal maintenance.

You havent bought one yet?
By TonyVA on 01/15/09 17:15 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in 1996 with 40000 miles on it. They gave it to me last year with 276000 miles, and still running strong. It now has 304000 and the motor is still running strong. They had to replace the altenator several times, thats about it other than regular maintenance.

Great work car
By kitecat1 on 07/16/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 years it had 63,000 miles on it when I bought it for my mail route. It runs great. The only thing I have had to replace was tires, brakes and alternator. I have done routine maintenance on it [shocks plugs and wires] but that is about it. It now has 105,000 miles on it and still runs great. If this car can make it on a mail route with all the stopping and running when it is really hot with no problems I recomend this car to anyone.

My First Car
By Blaine on 08/18/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

While the car has had the problems of any used car, it is a rather enjoyable car. One of my best friends had the Z34 as his first so we spend alot of time talking about the cars. While not what I had thought I would own for a first car all in all it is not bad for something I had to buy to get to a job. The car is American made which makes all the diffrence to me.

94 euro 3.4 excellent car
By patgizz on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

i've had my 94 euro 3.4 sedan for 2 years now and it has been nothing but reliable. all i do is routine maintenance. great lookin lines, very happy with the quality of the car, and i can knock 28mpg down on the highway. only thing i dont like is the radio and heater controls are kinda far reach from the drivers seat

My Chevy Lumina
By D. Landers on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I purchased this automobile originally as a get around car. After having driven it for 5 years mostly back and forth to work, shopping, and ocassionally sightseeing, I have found that this car was a real find. I have only had to have one expensive service done, that was a brake job. Otherwise, the car is a comfortable ride, has real class, and everyone who has ridden in it has nothing but good to say about it.

good car
By shaffer on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a year. It is my work car and I drive it five days a week. Also driven on a few trips to keep miles low on other cars. It has been a really good car. It has almost 162K miles. Has been well maintained. I have only had to install new fuel pump, water pump and brakes the entire year I had it. Still does not use or leak any oil. For what I paid, it is excellent. Drives very good. Too bad Chevrolet does not make the Lumina any longer.

Sedan
By good2us on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

We put 225000 miles on the car in 5 years' time and only had one major problem (the transmission required an overhaul) at 201000 miles. Unfortunately, the rebuild wasn't nerarly as good as the original. If you buy one of these, expect to change an alternator every 75000, a water pump every 100000, and a heater core every 125000 miles. The engine has only had valve cover gaskets. The car almost has 300000 miles on it now, so we're planning on replacing it because the body isn't quite as rigid as it used to be.

This car is badass!!!
By CDH1 on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

First of all, let me say this car is badass!!!! The 3.4L optional car with 210 horsepower rides like a dream. Add to that the CD player, power driver's seat, and remote trunk opener and you got one great car!!