1994 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
one hell of a car
By silverbullet on 12/03/09 16:39 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I have had my lumina for about four 5 years and i really am going to miss it i bought it with 85000mi and will haft to part with it with about 170000mi due to a problem with the transmission, good gas mileage and good car with minimal maintenance.

Great work car
By kitecat1 on 07/16/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 years it had 63,000 miles on it when I bought it for my mail route. It runs great. The only thing I have had to replace was tires, brakes and alternator. I have done routine maintenance on it [shocks plugs and wires] but that is about it. It now has 105,000 miles on it and still runs great. If this car can make it on a mail route with all the stopping and running when it is really hot with no problems I recomend this car to anyone.

good car
By shaffer on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a year. It is my work car and I drive it five days a week. Also driven on a few trips to keep miles low on other cars. It has been a really good car. It has almost 162K miles. Has been well maintained. I have only had to install new fuel pump, water pump and brakes the entire year I had it. Still does not use or leak any oil. For what I paid, it is excellent. Drives very good. Too bad Chevrolet does not make the Lumina any longer.

Sedan
By good2us on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We put 225000 miles on the car in 5 years' time and only had one major problem (the transmission required an overhaul) at 201000 miles. Unfortunately, the rebuild wasn't nerarly as good as the original. If you buy one of these, expect to change an alternator every 75000, a water pump every 100000, and a heater core every 125000 miles. The engine has only had valve cover gaskets. The car almost has 300000 miles on it now, so we're planning on replacing it because the body isn't quite as rigid as it used to be.