1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Great car!
By lumina_man on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have had this car since new in late '92. Have 143K on it now, and plan on making it another 143K. Gas mileage can exceed 30 mpg on highway. Very few problems. Wish they still made them. Have the 3.1L engine, which still has spunk!

GREAT FIRST CAR
By nicole dietrich on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS BEEN AN EXCELLENT CAR FOR ME CONSIDERING IT WAS MY FIRST CAR. IT HAS A NEW PAINT JOB (BEAUTIFUL BLUE) INTERIOR HAS BEEN KEPT UP GREAT. THE CAR WAS AN UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR BEFORE I HAD IT. IT ALSO HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE BREAK PADS.

Old Reliable
By MichJD on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 9 years of this car, I'm still not ready to give it up. Comfortable, roomy, great value for the money, and reliable as a Swiss watch. No drive train/transmission/radiator/AC problems. Early problems with the brakes, of course. Replaced a ball joint or two and some struts. I wish Chevy still made this car.

Got my money's worth
By GreenMan18 on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 12k miles in spring of '94. It now has over 167k miles. This car took every bit of abuse I gave it. Body held up for as long as it could and longer than expected living in the "rust belt". Interior is still fresh and firm. Other than the notorious GM brake problem...this car has been solid. Radiator went at 140k (rust related). Battery went at 150k. Stuts at 90k. Rear suspension is now officially shot,bushings are gone (150k). Still runs like a top!

Works great for me
By yuraasup on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought it more than 4 years ago. No major repairs so far. Smoth ride, good acceleration. Very roomy, big trank. Transmission is very quiet and smoth. I paid $4000 for it and it paid back to the last penny. Fuel economy is poor, but I was told that something should be fixed, but gas is relatively chip, so who cares... Thinking about buying another Chevy vechicle.

Perfect 1st car
By Wrestler on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I got this car a year ago and it hasnt failed me since. Paint job is in excelent condition, ride is smooth and comfortable, excelleration and over all drive is great. The breaks are a little weak but everything else checks out great. This was my first car and I love it.

OK Don't LUV it
By Kdog on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

Typical heavy domestic car ride not bad though. Roomy. Typical Chevy interior, rattles too much cheap plastic. Not solid but competent ride. Good engine (3.1 V6), good acceleration.