Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

My Lumina
By MotorHead

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Since purchasing my Lumina I have had many mixed experiences. First of all, its a blast to drive and is put together quite well. But its like Murphy's Law, "if it can go wrong, it will"...I bought the car for $2000 cash and have put in almost $3000 in parts, and 99% of that is done by myself. If you're not mechanically inclined, it may not be a wise choice. I hope this could help, and happy motoring.

Standard power, options, and exterior styling.

More reliable componients, ie: radiator\cooling system, front & rear dash, brakes, O2 sensor, and other small internal engine components

1993 2 Dr Euro - Bought New
By hollisam

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

Still have it after 10yrs so I must like it. Have aways liked looks and handling. Brakes are terrible. Gotta use parking brake always else cylinders seize (another $400 bucks twice over). Metal pipes in cooling system all rot and leak. $400 for the one at the intake manifold (broke off during repair). Spliced a hose onto the lower one coming out of the radiator. Really dumb engineering. Needed a new computer at 65K. Also trunk leaks and can't find source. It's red and still looks like new. Very comfortable to ride in. Prefer over my Honda Accord to drive.I must like it...I still have it! 17 and 25-30 mpg, not bad for 3.1 v6.

Nice riding car and I like the body style on the 2 dr. and it handles great. ABS has saved me 3 times from getting creamed in the snow by morons.

Doesn't apply. No longer made.

overall a good car
By kyle j watterworth

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

she's been good to me.....bought her last august....no problems until recently...the rear brakes started to grind horribly. got those replaced, and then the fuel pump went just out today. i still see a lot of these cars on the road and i think that mone will be around for years to come.

auto locks, ABS brakes

cupholder!!! and better gas guage

My ZZZZZZZZZZ
By srgsmm

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I remember the first time I saw a Z34 back in 96'when I was looking for a used car. I thought it was the hottest car ever. I couldn't wait to get one. I found one that had only 20,000 miles on it and was in good shape for a three year old car. I took it for a ride and that was it mine forever.

I like the looks of this car and it is very comfortable to drive.

It should have had bigger size disc brakes to back up the horsepower.

The Underestimated Lumina Z34
By Z34Lumina

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had so much fun being the owner of this vehicle.

Acceleration and overall power.

More horsepower, though I am happy with 210.