1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
best $200 i ever spent
By tucker on 04/21/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

My dad found this for me while I was car shopping. It was meant to be a temporary car but I fell in love. The lumina never failed to start throughout the entire first Maine winter I put it through, though the doors did have a tendency to freeze open, but as soon as the car warmed up they'd thaw and I could shut them properly. I lived in this car for the summer of 2008 and the bench seats are like sleeping on a couch. I've seriously never been in a more comfortable car. I've never had a Major problem with this car, always routine maintenance done a little too late. Had the car for almost two years and she's in rough shape, but I've put her through hell. I love my lumina and highly recommend!

Old girl's been good to me
By ken on 01/10/07 17:50 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in '98 and it's been one of the best things I ever did. I don't know if I just got lucky with it or what, but it's been great. Early problem with alternators, 3 in 2 years. Since then, just keeps going and going. 240,000 on it now. Starting to show some wear this past year. Struts, water pump, rotors had to be replaced. Starting to have other problems show up too, leaking oil, transmission fluid and water. My fault though, I think, I have not really taken very good care of the car. Never changed trans fluid, plugs, oil about every 7500 and never changed coolant, still, it just keeps going! My gas mileage is great for a car this size too,28 mpg. Love another this good!

One of the worst enginered cars
By steve on 08/01/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Mine died at around 75K miles. The transmission slipped, the heads warpped, and boom, the whole thing froze. All in all, it was a basic car, nothing ever troubled me except the brakes, which were entirely replaced 4 times. The rotor design was so poor that I managed to break the rotor from the spindle and that is very rare.

My Lumina
By susiebell on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I wish Chevy still made Luminas because I would buy another if possible! This has been a great vehicle and we intend to keep it until it just won't go no more but that could be when it has 400,000 miles on it! I would advise anyone if they can get a 1993/1994 Lumina, with low miles, to buy it and keep it. We have the original engine in it but did have our trans rebuilt this year. Our's has over 285,000 miles on it and we bought it 1 year old with 21,000 miles on it. The only repairs we have done to it is normal repairs such as water pumps, fuel pump, batteries, brakes & mufflers. Good cold weather start ups too. Change your oil!!

It's ok......
By davis on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 07/02 with 104,000 miles. It's a very roomy car. I get about 23 mpg. The air conditioner and heat are awful, not much blowing power. The brakes could be better, hard to stop the car quick. But what more can I expect for a used car.

Not Bad
By Pancho on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

My family purchased the car used in 1994. Since then, the Lumina has been a pretty good car. It now has around 75000 miles. The 3.1 engine is still strong. The speedometer only goes to 85, but it can probably do 105-110. We have recently had to replace: struts, a computer chip, part of the torque converter, etc. The drivers seatbelt recently broke, but I was amazed to hear that it would be under warranty. I really like the car because of its dependability.

buy a ford
By pdiddy1230 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

whew.. this car just never stops. repair bills after repair bills. i have 75000 miles and had to replace alternator 4 times, not to mention fuel pump, brakes...And WOW WHAT TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE! i do everything i can to keep the gas mileage down, yet i still average 15mpg. my best advice for you would be to buy a ford, and get your moneys worth, minus the repair bills.

Great car!
By lumina_man on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have had this car since new in late '92. Have 143K on it now, and plan on making it another 143K. Gas mileage can exceed 30 mpg on highway. Very few problems. Wish they still made them. Have the 3.1L engine, which still has spunk!

GREAT FIRST CAR
By nicole dietrich on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR HAS BEEN AN EXCELLENT CAR FOR ME CONSIDERING IT WAS MY FIRST CAR. IT HAS A NEW PAINT JOB (BEAUTIFUL BLUE) INTERIOR HAS BEEN KEPT UP GREAT. THE CAR WAS AN UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR BEFORE I HAD IT. IT ALSO HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE BREAK PADS.

Old Reliable
By MichJD on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 9 years of this car, I'm still not ready to give it up. Comfortable, roomy, great value for the money, and reliable as a Swiss watch. No drive train/transmission/radiator/AC problems. Early problems with the brakes, of course. Replaced a ball joint or two and some struts. I wish Chevy still made this car.