Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Lumina-tor
By Chevyman

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

This car has been with my fire chief since it was brand new, I'm a volunteer firefighter. Once i turned 14, I'm 18 now, he sold it to me for $750 with 145k miles. It has 230k now i love it, i take care of it i expect it to last another maybe 100k. It's very reliable, don't like the gas mileage that much and the interior but that's about it. Handles great, looks great, drives great, everything! Also one of a kind white with tinted windows, and flames on it! Not the best flames but hey, $300 job!

Handling, room, power, brakes, nearly everything if it's well taken care of!

Better gas mileage and interior maybe a little more power to the 3.1.

My Baby
By Franky

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 135k and drove it till the tranny went out at 215k. I did have to replace things like the ignition switch, starter, and alternator. It was a wonderful car to me and we have been through a lot together. I loved that I could get the tires to let out a chirp when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd! The only time it left me stranded is when the alternator went out (or I was stuck in the snow or I hit a curb)! My brother just bought a '94 and I am excited for him!

very comfortable. pretty reliable. decent amount of get up and go

the rear end on them seems to sag

Going to miss him!
By Lynnann

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I got him in 1998 it's now 2010. I never had any big problems with him until this past year. One thing after another is going wrong. But he's old and has 98,000 miles on him and he is starting to rust. The one thing I didn't like about him is getting at the battery. But he was a purchase I am glad I made.

The way he looked on the outside and I liked the steering wheel the way it looked and felt. Other people commented about the steering wheel the way it looked. I also like bench seats.

Battery accessibility and a place to put your cups mine had none. bigger glove compartment.

1993 Lumina Euro 3.4
By Jim Borgman

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

My Lumina now has 102,000 miles on it, the only problems experienced was the serpentine belt failing and the timing belt breaking. I have had 26 MPG highway and 20 city. The car is an excellent automobile, I just can see myself trading it in or selling it. It has the 3.4 engine which is trouble free, I do take it in every 3,000 for total lubes so the car uses no oil. The suspension is tight and so far the exhaust system is still fine. I do wish it came standard with beverage holders but that is a small need. Love it.

Handling, immediate response, road comfort.

No beverage holders

Will Be Sorely Missed
By Liz

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car for me in high school and I have had the best times in it. It has an awesome V6 engine that beats all the little Ford Escorts on the freeway. Not very pretty to look at, especially the front, but it has a nice red color that looks great in the sunlight. The only problem I'd say is the rear right brake, which tends to rub against the wheel on long long road trips and cause a stink. The brakes aren't as reactive as many cars, but they do work fine. The interior is hideous (the ceiling is falling in and there are many stains on the back floor), but the upside to the interior is that it is very roomy so if you're transporting tall people they can stretch out their legs.

Fast, roomy, nice big trunk. Pretty good gas mileage. Good radio. Power locks/windows.

Make the battery more accessible, better brakes, nicer interior, bigger glove box, more storage space.