Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Lumina-tor
By Chevyman

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

This car has been with my fire chief since it was brand new, I'm a volunteer firefighter. Once i turned 14, I'm 18 now, he sold it to me for $750 with 145k miles. It has 230k now i love it, i take care of it i expect it to last another maybe 100k. It's very reliable, don't like the gas mileage that much and the interior but that's about it. Handles great, looks great, drives great, everything! Also one of a kind white with tinted windows, and flames on it! Not the best flames but hey, $300 job!

Handling, room, power, brakes, nearly everything if it's well taken care of!

Better gas mileage and interior maybe a little more power to the 3.1.

My Baby
By Franky

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 135k and drove it till the tranny went out at 215k. I did have to replace things like the ignition switch, starter, and alternator. It was a wonderful car to me and we have been through a lot together. I loved that I could get the tires to let out a chirp when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd! The only time it left me stranded is when the alternator went out (or I was stuck in the snow or I hit a curb)! My brother just bought a '94 and I am excited for him!

very comfortable. pretty reliable. decent amount of get up and go

the rear end on them seems to sag

Going to miss him!
By Lynnann

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I got him in 1998 it's now 2010. I never had any big problems with him until this past year. One thing after another is going wrong. But he's old and has 98,000 miles on him and he is starting to rust. The one thing I didn't like about him is getting at the battery. But he was a purchase I am glad I made.

The way he looked on the outside and I liked the steering wheel the way it looked and felt. Other people commented about the steering wheel the way it looked. I also like bench seats.

Battery accessibility and a place to put your cups mine had none. bigger glove compartment.

best $200 i ever spent
By tucker

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

My dad found this for me while I was car shopping. It was meant to be a temporary car but I fell in love. The lumina never failed to start throughout the entire first Maine winter I put it through, though the doors did have a tendency to freeze open, but as soon as the car warmed up they'd thaw and I could shut them properly. I lived in this car for the summer of 2008 and the bench seats are like sleeping on a couch. I've seriously never been in a more comfortable car. I've never had a Major problem with this car, always routine maintenance done a little too late. Had the car for almost two years and she's in rough shape, but I've put her through hell. I love my lumina and highly recommend!

Bench Seats, seats 6. V6, i clocked 0-60 in like 11 seconds, not bad for a 3-speed auto in rough shape.

why the hell is the battery underneath the wiper fluid reservoir? i really love this car.

1993 Lumina Euro 3.4
By Jim Borgman

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

My Lumina now has 102,000 miles on it, the only problems experienced was the serpentine belt failing and the timing belt breaking. I have had 26 MPG highway and 20 city. The car is an excellent automobile, I just can see myself trading it in or selling it. It has the 3.4 engine which is trouble free, I do take it in every 3,000 for total lubes so the car uses no oil. The suspension is tight and so far the exhaust system is still fine. I do wish it came standard with beverage holders but that is a small need. Love it.

Handling, immediate response, road comfort.

No beverage holders