1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Z34 3.4 Engine Timing Belt Poor Design
By 93 Lumina Z34 Coupe on 01/09/08 05:21 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought the Z34 Lumina 2 years ago and and was told that the timing belt had been replaced and would need to be done at 111000 miles. I have only driven 5000 miles since I bought it. Had not a single problem until just after it passed inspection 2 years after I purchase it, in one day it needed a water pump new serpetine belt, oil pan gasket, oil pump.and water pump. If I did not keep in garage and drive it so little these problems would have shown up in a month or two, most likely. I hear that the timing belt replacement every 60k is a must. The ABS brakes never worked and the ABS dash light came on right after 2 yr inspection. I understand that in NJ that is not cause to fail. Great otherwise

Awesome Car.
By Matt on 07/29/07 00:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I traded in an '89 S10 Baja for this car and I have to say it was an excellent trade. This is a truly memorable car and if I ever get the chance to purchase another, I will do it. I never had any repairs except a power steering pump which was only 40 bucks. I bought the car shortly after I graduated high school, and I kept it for over 2 years. Then I traded it to a '97 Grand Cherokee limited, but I missed it so much i had to purchase the car back from the dealer. I truly enjoyed this car. It has plenty of HP. I highly suggest if you see one of these for sale to buy it. You will not be dissapointed.

My Lumina
By MotorHead on 03/31/05 10:19 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Since purchasing my Lumina I have had many mixed experiences. First of all, its a blast to drive and is put together quite well. But its like Murphy's Law, "if it can go wrong, it will"...I bought the car for $2000 cash and have put in almost $3000 in parts, and 99% of that is done by myself. If you're not mechanically inclined, it may not be a wise choice. I hope this could help, and happy motoring.

My ZZZZZZZZZZ
By srgsmm on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I remember the first time I saw a Z34 back in 96'when I was looking for a used car. I thought it was the hottest car ever. I couldn't wait to get one. I found one that had only 20,000 miles on it and was in good shape for a three year old car. I took it for a ride and that was it mine forever.

The Underestimated Lumina Z34
By Z34Lumina on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had so much fun being the owner of this vehicle.

z34 lumi
By bwawuz02 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

great car, fun to drive. should be mechanically inclined, because labor fee's are a pain. preventative maintenance is a must.

Z-34 Believer
By Racin on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Z-34 a couple months before I got my license, and was already the envy of all my friends with their Mustangs, Eclipses and BMWs. It was inexpensive (4000 bucks), had 210 hp stock, a great ride, smooth shifting tranny, but the brakes were pretty crappy. After 1000 dollars in performance brake parts, a several thousand dollar stereo system and innumerable hours of love and care, this car is incredible! If you're looking to buy a great car, the Z-34 is for you!

Best Deal I've Seen
By mastermechanic23432 on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Oh man, when i saw this car sitting out in this guy's driveway with a for sell sign i was thinking this is a relatively new car (about in the 1997 range), but it turns out to be a '93. i bought it thinking i would resell it, but when i started driving the car i was loving it more and more. this thing has a dual cam v6 that pumps out more horsepower than most 2002 sports cars! the brakes and transmission are great and the reliability of this car is flawless so far.