1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
I LOVE this car!
By Lizzy19 on 10/28/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

My lumina has been so good to me over that past 8 months i've had it..i have had to put some money into it but i expected that because it was not on the road for 5 years.. when it wants to go its going to move! its good on gas and you dont see many '93 2 door luminas out there very much..i like that i have a unique car and a reliable one too. i love my Lumina

Z34 3.4 Engine Timing Belt Poor Design
By 93 Lumina Z34 Coupe on 01/09/08 05:21 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought the Z34 Lumina 2 years ago and and was told that the timing belt had been replaced and would need to be done at 111000 miles. I have only driven 5000 miles since I bought it. Had not a single problem until just after it passed inspection 2 years after I purchase it, in one day it needed a water pump new serpetine belt, oil pan gasket, oil pump.and water pump. If I did not keep in garage and drive it so little these problems would have shown up in a month or two, most likely. I hear that the timing belt replacement every 60k is a must. The ABS brakes never worked and the ABS dash light came on right after 2 yr inspection. I understand that in NJ that is not cause to fail. Great otherwise

93 Chevy Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe
By chris-wayne on 11/08/07 18:32 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used of course in 2001. When I first got it the car made weird noises going over small bumps, and the dealership said they didn't know what it was. Turned out to be the rear shock strut. I repaired it myself, it was pretty easy. After owning the car about 3 years the ignition coils went bad. You can buy a upgraded coil pack now at your local auto parts store. I've done all the work to my car, it's pretty easy to work on, but the spark plugs are always a pain in the but to change. Other than that it's been a great car, never any oil leaks or anything major wrong with it..

Awesome Car.
By Matt on 07/29/07 00:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I traded in an '89 S10 Baja for this car and I have to say it was an excellent trade. This is a truly memorable car and if I ever get the chance to purchase another, I will do it. I never had any repairs except a power steering pump which was only 40 bucks. I bought the car shortly after I graduated high school, and I kept it for over 2 years. Then I traded it to a '97 Grand Cherokee limited, but I missed it so much i had to purchase the car back from the dealer. I truly enjoyed this car. It has plenty of HP. I highly suggest if you see one of these for sale to buy it. You will not be dissapointed.

Saved my tail!
By Phil Carr on 05/16/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I loved the style and the handling was beautiful. It was fun to drive and the feel of the wind flow through the car. You gotta love it. I totalled it in a bad collision with 3 consecutive trees after going sideways over a bank but escaped unharmed. I loved this car, but better it then me.

My Lumina
By MotorHead on 03/31/05 10:19 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Since purchasing my Lumina I have had many mixed experiences. First of all, its a blast to drive and is put together quite well. But its like Murphy's Law, "if it can go wrong, it will"...I bought the car for $2000 cash and have put in almost $3000 in parts, and 99% of that is done by myself. If you're not mechanically inclined, it may not be a wise choice. I hope this could help, and happy motoring.

1993 2 Dr Euro - Bought New
By hollisam on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

Still have it after 10yrs so I must like it. Have aways liked looks and handling. Brakes are terrible. Gotta use parking brake always else cylinders seize (another $400 bucks twice over). Metal pipes in cooling system all rot and leak. $400 for the one at the intake manifold (broke off during repair). Spliced a hose onto the lower one coming out of the radiator. Really dumb engineering. Needed a new computer at 65K. Also trunk leaks and can't find source. It's red and still looks like new. Very comfortable to ride in. Prefer over my Honda Accord to drive.I must like it...I still have it! 17 and 25-30 mpg, not bad for 3.1 v6.

overall a good car
By kyle j watterworth on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

she's been good to me.....bought her last august....no problems until recently...the rear brakes started to grind horribly. got those replaced, and then the fuel pump went just out today. i still see a lot of these cars on the road and i think that mone will be around for years to come.

My ZZZZZZZZZZ
By srgsmm on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I remember the first time I saw a Z34 back in 96'when I was looking for a used car. I thought it was the hottest car ever. I couldn't wait to get one. I found one that had only 20,000 miles on it and was in good shape for a three year old car. I took it for a ride and that was it mine forever.

The Underestimated Lumina Z34
By Z34Lumina on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had so much fun being the owner of this vehicle.