Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

I LOVE this car!
By Lizzy19

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

My lumina has been so good to me over that past 8 months i've had it..i have had to put some money into it but i expected that because it was not on the road for 5 years.. when it wants to go its going to move! its good on gas and you dont see many '93 2 door luminas out there very much..i like that i have a unique car and a reliable one too. i love my Lumina

Favorite Features

good steering, good on gas, nice exterior design, big front seats, huge trunk!

Suggested Improvements

there is always something braking on it... on clunking

Z34 3.4 Engine Timing Belt Poor Design
By 93 Lumina Z34 Coupe

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought the Z34 Lumina 2 years ago and and was told that the timing belt had been replaced and would need to be done at 111000 miles. I have only driven 5000 miles since I bought it. Had not a single problem until just after it passed inspection 2 years after I purchase it, in one day it needed a water pump new serpetine belt, oil pan gasket, oil pump.and water pump. If I did not keep in garage and drive it so little these problems would have shown up in a month or two, most likely. I hear that the timing belt replacement every 60k is a must. The ABS brakes never worked and the ABS dash light came on right after 2 yr inspection. I understand that in NJ that is not cause to fail. Great otherwise

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, looks, power, comfortable seats and overall features.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, timing belt, cup holder

93 Chevy Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe
By chris-wayne

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used of course in 2001. When I first got it the car made weird noises going over small bumps, and the dealership said they didn't know what it was. Turned out to be the rear shock strut. I repaired it myself, it was pretty easy. After owning the car about 3 years the ignition coils went bad. You can buy a upgraded coil pack now at your local auto parts store. I've done all the work to my car, it's pretty easy to work on, but the spark plugs are always a pain in the but to change. Other than that it's been a great car, never any oil leaks or anything major wrong with it..

Favorite Features

Reliability. All wheel disc brakes. Cruise control, responsive throttle and excelleration. Quite, smooth highway driving.

Suggested Improvements

Make the spark plugs easier to reach. Better shock struts.

Awesome Car.
By Matt

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I traded in an '89 S10 Baja for this car and I have to say it was an excellent trade. This is a truly memorable car and if I ever get the chance to purchase another, I will do it. I never had any repairs except a power steering pump which was only 40 bucks. I bought the car shortly after I graduated high school, and I kept it for over 2 years. Then I traded it to a '97 Grand Cherokee limited, but I missed it so much i had to purchase the car back from the dealer. I truly enjoyed this car. It has plenty of HP. I highly suggest if you see one of these for sale to buy it. You will not be dissapointed.

Favorite Features

Powerful and extremely fast. Handles great. Sporty. Rides like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to work on. More space under the hood. Better braking system.

Saved my tail!
By Phil Carr

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I loved the style and the handling was beautiful. It was fun to drive and the feel of the wind flow through the car. You gotta love it. I totalled it in a bad collision with 3 consecutive trees after going sideways over a bank but escaped unharmed. I loved this car, but better it then me.

Favorite Features

Automatic on the floor! Huge trunk! Great driving experience!

Suggested Improvements

A common plroblem with this model seems to be that after accelerating it doesn't want to slow down and when you do, the service engine light comes on and it either stalls out or looses power. I thought it was just mine but I've heard from friends and blogs that the same thing happens w/ many others.