Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

best $200 i ever spent
By tucker

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My dad found this for me while I was car shopping. It was meant to be a temporary car but I fell in love. The lumina never failed to start throughout the entire first Maine winter I put it through, though the doors did have a tendency to freeze open, but as soon as the car warmed up they'd thaw and I could shut them properly. I lived in this car for the summer of 2008 and the bench seats are like sleeping on a couch. I've seriously never been in a more comfortable car. I've never had a Major problem with this car, always routine maintenance done a little too late. Had the car for almost two years and she's in rough shape, but I've put her through hell. I love my lumina and highly recommend!

Bench Seats, seats 6. V6, i clocked 0-60 in like 11 seconds, not bad for a 3-speed auto in rough shape.

why the hell is the battery underneath the wiper fluid reservoir? i really love this car.

Old girl's been good to me
By ken

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in '98 and it's been one of the best things I ever did. I don't know if I just got lucky with it or what, but it's been great. Early problem with alternators, 3 in 2 years. Since then, just keeps going and going. 240,000 on it now. Starting to show some wear this past year. Struts, water pump, rotors had to be replaced. Starting to have other problems show up too, leaking oil, transmission fluid and water. My fault though, I think, I have not really taken very good care of the car. Never changed trans fluid, plugs, oil about every 7500 and never changed coolant, still, it just keeps going! My gas mileage is great for a car this size too,28 mpg. Love another this good!

MPG, size, power, great AC and heat. Reliability and comfort.

Cupholders, battery accesability.

One of the worst enginered cars
By steve

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Mine died at around 75K miles. The transmission slipped, the heads warpped, and boom, the whole thing froze. All in all, it was a basic car, nothing ever troubled me except the brakes, which were entirely replaced 4 times. The rotor design was so poor that I managed to break the rotor from the spindle and that is very rare.

Factory battery lasted 8 years!

Breaking system needs to be improved!

My Lumina
By susiebell

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I wish Chevy still made Luminas because I would buy another if possible! This has been a great vehicle and we intend to keep it until it just won't go no more but that could be when it has 400,000 miles on it! I would advise anyone if they can get a 1993/1994 Lumina, with low miles, to buy it and keep it. We have the original engine in it but did have our trans rebuilt this year. Our's has over 285,000 miles on it and we bought it 1 year old with 21,000 miles on it. The only repairs we have done to it is normal repairs such as water pumps, fuel pump, batteries, brakes & mufflers. Good cold weather start ups too. Change your oil!!

It's ok......
By davis

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 07/02 with 104,000 miles. It's a very roomy car. I get about 23 mpg. The air conditioner and heat are awful, not much blowing power. The brakes could be better, hard to stop the car quick. But what more can I expect for a used car.

how big it is, the V6 engine

blower for ac/heater needs be better, barely any air.