1993 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Lumina-tor
By Chevyman on 06/24/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

This car has been with my fire chief since it was brand new, I'm a volunteer firefighter. Once i turned 14, I'm 18 now, he sold it to me for $750 with 145k miles. It has 230k now i love it, i take care of it i expect it to last another maybe 100k. It's very reliable, don't like the gas mileage that much and the interior but that's about it. Handles great, looks great, drives great, everything! Also one of a kind white with tinted windows, and flames on it! Not the best flames but hey, $300 job!

My Baby
By Franky on 04/30/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 135k and drove it till the tranny went out at 215k. I did have to replace things like the ignition switch, starter, and alternator. It was a wonderful car to me and we have been through a lot together. I loved that I could get the tires to let out a chirp when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd! The only time it left me stranded is when the alternator went out (or I was stuck in the snow or I hit a curb)! My brother just bought a '94 and I am excited for him!

Going to miss him!
By Lynnann on 04/16/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I got him in 1998 it's now 2010. I never had any big problems with him until this past year. One thing after another is going wrong. But he's old and has 98,000 miles on him and he is starting to rust. The one thing I didn't like about him is getting at the battery. But he was a purchase I am glad I made.

1993 Lumina Euro 3.4
By Jim Borgman on 02/09/09 08:02 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

My Lumina now has 102,000 miles on it, the only problems experienced was the serpentine belt failing and the timing belt breaking. I have had 26 MPG highway and 20 city. The car is an excellent automobile, I just can see myself trading it in or selling it. It has the 3.4 engine which is trouble free, I do take it in every 3,000 for total lubes so the car uses no oil. The suspension is tight and so far the exhaust system is still fine. I do wish it came standard with beverage holders but that is a small need. Love it.

Will Be Sorely Missed
By Liz on 02/01/09 15:34 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car for me in high school and I have had the best times in it. It has an awesome V6 engine that beats all the little Ford Escorts on the freeway. Not very pretty to look at, especially the front, but it has a nice red color that looks great in the sunlight. The only problem I'd say is the rear right brake, which tends to rub against the wheel on long long road trips and cause a stink. The brakes aren't as reactive as many cars, but they do work fine. The interior is hideous (the ceiling is falling in and there are many stains on the back floor), but the upside to the interior is that it is very roomy so if you're transporting tall people they can stretch out their legs.

Good, Bad and the Ugly
By big dog on 01/13/09 20:12 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

We got this car brand new! The handling was excellent. ABS worked great the one night I needed it. We had 230K miles when it gave up the ghost. The steering wheel had a great feel. The Bad: The cloth seats wore fast. The beverage cup holder broke so often the dealership sold them at cost to me. The back seat was horrible for any body over 8 years old. Alot of wind noise. The Ugly: The 4 wheel disc brakes had a recall / class action. Spent almost $1000 on replacing front brakes every 30K miles until I spent $1200 getting the entire brake system replaced. I got $43 in the class action. The tranny went south at 200K /$900 repair. Needed a engine rebuild at 230K. Got a brand 2005 Ford Focus.

Lumina Euro
By Eric on 10/22/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I had a lot of fun with my 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro. I put it through hell for the year and a half that I had it. It had already had 167,000+ on it when I got it and I drove it until the head gasket blew at 177,000+. It was definitely worth the 600 I paid for it. It was a great buy

Good fast car
By moorjus on 08/21/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

Great car. Paid 750 for it. It was very fast and passing with ease too. Suffered a bit on hills, but it's a six cylinder, what do you want? And it ran well on or off road. I had no trouble until I thought I could get 4000 out of an oil change instead of 3000 and it threw a rod. I had to replace the motor. No trouble since.

Lumina Euro
By JOHNS 94 SE-R on 04/30/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought this Euro off the original owner, 99,000 miles, 3.1 motor which I like better cause the 3.4 needs too much maintence. They are more powerful, but the cost is too high. This Euro gets 20 miles per gallon no matter how I drive it. Very clean, easy to get in and out of. They are nice cars.

Great Car for the Money!
By Josh on 12/08/04 18:17 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new in 94, it has been a great car but recently got rid of it to get a two door. We put 98K great miles on it. We had minor repiars thoughout the life on the car. We had to replace the water pump which was something that always goes wrong with GM cars, nothing new, great ride, great handling, good gas mileage, pants is excellent ours was torch red, car held up great, not a dot or rust, 3.1 Liter engine is great. Never buy a GM 3.4 Liter engine sucked on this car.