Worst Car I Ever Owned
By Brian on
1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan
My Dad pushed me into this car while I was unemployed, after wrecking the family heirloom (again), the '87 Celebrity wagon. The Lumina was as unreliable as the '94 Grand Am GT Quad4 HO I used to have, but was totally lame on top of it, and had worse fuel economy than the GAGT. In typical 90's GM fashion, there were no catastrophes with the car (saving it from a 1 in reliability), but literally every month something needed attention to keep it running.
Favorite Features
The beautiful sound and flat torque of GM's 60* V6s is undeniable. Also there really isn't much fault in the Hydramatic 4-speed auto. Powertrains is what GM does best. The fully independent suspension provides plenty of comfort and controlled (but no where nearing sporty) handling.
Suggested Improvements
BRAKES! I assumed with twin piston fronts and *gasp* rear disc this thing would stop on a dime. WRONG! I have never driven a car with such terrible stopping performance. I blame it partially for the minor rear-ending of a K car I caused. Reliability obviously. Also it's just a lame car.