Used 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Yeah mine has 244,000 miles on it
By KatieKoolAid

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I have had to buy:struts,window motors, fuel pump, blower motor, dimmer switch, brake lines, rear rotors, front rotors, along with break pads and a heater core. My trunk leaks too, which makes for a car that smells like a foot. I can't use my cigarette lighter or my car phone charger in it because it will blow a fuse. My antilock breaks used to go off when I was driving down the road, pulled the fuse on that one. My driver side seat doesn't recline anymore. Than as of last week, air doesn't come out of the vents anymore and my cruise control decided it didn't wanna work anymore.

notta

CUPHOLDERS!

Old reliable
By Massimo

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We got "Lumi", as I call her, back in Jan. 2k w/ 180k on it from my father-in- law, who purchased it new. "Lumi" has been a pleasure to own. She currently has 232k on the orig. drivetrain and continues to run beautifully. the 3.1L v6 runs like a top and rear disc option is nice. Only things I have done are maintenence items. This car just keeps on going.. and cosistantly knocks off 24 mpg avg. I highly recommend this car to anyone, young, old, married w/ family, or single. Comfort, reliable, economical. It's currently up for sale, because my wife wants to update our vehicles, but man I'm reluctant to sell this "GEM".

Reliable, comfortable, roomy, economical! basically everything!

rear disc brake caliper design, which actually already has been corrected and changed by GM.

dependable car
By dtorma

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a neighbor who was reluctant to sell it because she liked it so much. It's been very reliable as a second family vehicle with very few repairs needed. I wish they made more like this one... I also have a friend with one of these cars in a 93 with many more miles and a happy owner.

great sound system even for a base unit

Battery access and placement is lousy Door handles could be more sturdy

Cheap Thrills!
By Car Freak

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love these cars - I've had over 20 different cars and the Red Hot Z has to be one of my favorites. The "marriage" between the engine & trans is flawless -the performance is unmatched in a mid-size category for the cash. The brakes suffer a bit - changed out every 6 months - but GM is to send out some $$$ to offset. I'm buying another one in a few days - 212,000 miles on my last one! Recommend highly for the teenager or old dude that needs some cheap thrills. Don't let the price fool ya - Oh, & make sure the you get the front bearings checked around 80K-150K. used cars always need some preventative maintanence! Have Fun!

!

brakes - bearings - door handles - cupholder

Great First Car
By tec

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

150,000 miles and going strong. Has carried me through snow storms, getting married, having our first kid. Every time I get behind the wheel and drive on the hiway it feels like a race horse wanting to go faster and faster. It's low to the ground, wide wheel base makes it a joy to drive. The speedometer says up to 85mph , but who are they kidding.

Interior, overdrive, comfort for long drives. No bells or whistles just performance.

Breaks ( got repaired a while back (statinless parts), some body rust (below).