1992 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
OneQuickLumina
By LuLu lover on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

My mom bought the Lumina(nicknamed Hotmama by friends) new in 1992. It's been an excellent car since then. It has broken a few times(4 alternators) and a few sets of brakes but only left me stranded one time in all 12 years. I would definitely suggest a Lumina to anyone. They're great cars!

have had very little problems.
By kenya on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

have had very little problems with. except for the brakes and rotors and abs. runs well. a few dings

Great Transportation
By Roger_223 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from someone who serviced it regularly and took good care of it. I take good care of it and the car takes good care of me. A great value. Maintenance has been minimal and no major repairs or problems.

Super Car
By tar rat on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

This thing won't die. It now has 174,000 miles and runs great. The few negatives are the ABS, which quit working at about 50,000 miles, and the placement of the battery. At 12 years old, the car just now starting to show a little rust.

My ol' girl
By GM Employee on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My Lumina is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Granted Ive owned only one other car, a 95 Escort Hatchback, the car outperforms anything in her path. I purchased her used as she was traded in and when i saw her poking her front end out from between two trucks, it was meant to be. I worked for the chevy dealer when i got her, and i still work for a gm dealer now, but i will not get rid of this car. Shes young with 118k miles. i would recommend this car to anyone.

Yeah mine has 244,000 miles on it
By KatieKoolAid on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I have had to buy:struts,window motors, fuel pump, blower motor, dimmer switch, brake lines, rear rotors, front rotors, along with break pads and a heater core. My trunk leaks too, which makes for a car that smells like a foot. I can't use my cigarette lighter or my car phone charger in it because it will blow a fuse. My antilock breaks used to go off when I was driving down the road, pulled the fuse on that one. My driver side seat doesn't recline anymore. Than as of last week, air doesn't come out of the vents anymore and my cruise control decided it didn't wanna work anymore.

Old reliable
By Massimo on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We got "Lumi", as I call her, back in Jan. 2k w/ 180k on it from my father-in- law, who purchased it new. "Lumi" has been a pleasure to own. She currently has 232k on the orig. drivetrain and continues to run beautifully. the 3.1L v6 runs like a top and rear disc option is nice. Only things I have done are maintenence items. This car just keeps on going.. and cosistantly knocks off 24 mpg avg. I highly recommend this car to anyone, young, old, married w/ family, or single. Comfort, reliable, economical. It's currently up for sale, because my wife wants to update our vehicles, but man I'm reluctant to sell this "GEM".

dependable car
By dtorma on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a neighbor who was reluctant to sell it because she liked it so much. It's been very reliable as a second family vehicle with very few repairs needed. I wish they made more like this one... I also have a friend with one of these cars in a 93 with many more miles and a happy owner.

Cheap Thrills!
By Car Freak on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love these cars - I've had over 20 different cars and the Red Hot Z has to be one of my favorites. The "marriage" between the engine & trans is flawless -the performance is unmatched in a mid-size category for the cash. The brakes suffer a bit - changed out every 6 months - but GM is to send out some $$$ to offset. I'm buying another one in a few days - 212,000 miles on my last one! Recommend highly for the teenager or old dude that needs some cheap thrills. Don't let the price fool ya - Oh, & make sure the you get the front bearings checked around 80K-150K. used cars always need some preventative maintanence! Have Fun!

Great First Car
By tec on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

150,000 miles and going strong. Has carried me through snow storms, getting married, having our first kid. Every time I get behind the wheel and drive on the hiway it feels like a race horse wanting to go faster and faster. It's low to the ground, wide wheel base makes it a joy to drive. The speedometer says up to 85mph , but who are they kidding.