1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Surprised
By Zeno54 on 12/12/08 19:02 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

It was 10 yrs old with 93K when I bought it. It was fully loaded with an awesome GM Bose sound system. The 3.1 V6 was quick and powerful, yet with the overdrive, it got great gas mileage, 22 mpg city/38-40 hwy at 70+mph with cruise control on several long trips from Pa. to Fl. and Tx. The floating caliper was a faulty design and I had to replace the brake pads every 6 months. The r/r outer pad would be all wore out, yet the rest still looked new. Got smart and changed only the outer pad if the others had no wear. After 16 yrs, minimal body rust, but the salt did a number on the undercarriage, brake lines and any bolts. I'd still be driving it, but a truck hit me and totaled it. Still ran great at 216K.

Up to par with any import!
By YankeeCowboy on 12/23/06 09:01 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with intentions of fixing the rust and moding the car with Z34 model parts. Did some of this. The car is very reliable and quick, I recently took a newer model Trans Am off the line at a red light. Unfortunatly I'm now buying a newer car because I'll be out of college and looking to move. The engine is still great. The Buffalo winters just took its toll and there is body and frame rust, and the rack is leaking power steering fluid. If I didn't need a car to move south I'd be keeping this. Unfortunatly now my stereo system in the car is worth more than the car is. She handles great in the winter! I treated her well and she only got the best. Full synthetic oil and 93 octane gas

have had very little problems.
By kenya on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

have had very little problems with. except for the brakes and rotors and abs. runs well. a few dings

Super Car
By tar rat on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

This thing won't die. It now has 174,000 miles and runs great. The few negatives are the ABS, which quit working at about 50,000 miles, and the placement of the battery. At 12 years old, the car just now starting to show a little rust.

92 lumina-great car
By babyshu on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

my 92 lumina has been a really great car, very dependable, sometimes way over mileage for an ail change, but she has always gotten me there and back.we are just miles short from turning 240k miles and she still runs strong, all original parts.

Lumina goes on and on and...
By Lumina Lover on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina in 1992. It had 13,000 miles on it. It now has 230,000 miles, beleive it or not. It has been a wonderful little car. Even today, it runs like a top. It constantly amazes me at how dependable this car has been. I drive it every day. It still looks pretty good. My original plan was to drive it for a year or two, but it just keeps going and going and going. I am now in the market for another one, but will hold on to this little 1992. If any one happens to be looking at Luminas, I could never sing their praises enough. This is one car that has met all my expectations.

Great Car!
By Jaybird on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I really like this car. My mom bought it in 1999 with around 80,000 miles on it. It now has over 120,000 and still runs like a dream. She gave the car to me after I turned 16 and I'm always testing the car to see what it's up to. Have been surprised numerous times. No major problems except for brake problems. The emergency brake also sticks sometimes. A/C and heating systems still are wonderful....never a problem. Buy this car.

good little car
By jesschrista on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

i got this car when i was in high school, because it was cheap. i drove it all through college, and i love it. i drove the heck out of it, and treated it like crap, and it never let me down. i pushed oil changes to the limit, drove it fast, and drove over 100 miles a day for more than a year like that, and it never died. i love that car.