Used 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Surprised
By Zeno54

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

It was 10 yrs old with 93K when I bought it. It was fully loaded with an awesome GM Bose sound system. The 3.1 V6 was quick and powerful, yet with the overdrive, it got great gas mileage, 22 mpg city/38-40 hwy at 70+mph with cruise control on several long trips from Pa. to Fl. and Tx. The floating caliper was a faulty design and I had to replace the brake pads every 6 months. The r/r outer pad would be all wore out, yet the rest still looked new. Got smart and changed only the outer pad if the others had no wear. After 16 yrs, minimal body rust, but the salt did a number on the undercarriage, brake lines and any bolts. I'd still be driving it, but a truck hit me and totaled it. Still ran great at 216K.

Favorite Features

Sharp design, good inside ergonomics, strong engine and great gas mileage. Fun to drive, and great visibility. The ABS was great in the snow and rain. Did I mention the awesome GM/Delco Bose sound system

Suggested Improvements

The brakes

Up to par with any import!
By YankeeCowboy

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with intentions of fixing the rust and moding the car with Z34 model parts. Did some of this. The car is very reliable and quick, I recently took a newer model Trans Am off the line at a red light. Unfortunatly I'm now buying a newer car because I'll be out of college and looking to move. The engine is still great. The Buffalo winters just took its toll and there is body and frame rust, and the rack is leaking power steering fluid. If I didn't need a car to move south I'd be keeping this. Unfortunatly now my stereo system in the car is worth more than the car is. She handles great in the winter! I treated her well and she only got the best. Full synthetic oil and 93 octane gas

Favorite Features

I love my bucket power driver's seat! This is the only Lumina I've seen with one. Tachometer, center console, seats are extremely comfortable (and my back isn't great), torque!

Suggested Improvements

There are aftermarket sport brake kits available, I'd look into these because the brakes are they only hassle of the car.

have had very little problems.
By kenya

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

have had very little problems with. except for the brakes and rotors and abs. runs well. a few dings

Suggested Improvements

trunk release and gas

Super Car
By tar rat

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

This thing won't die. It now has 174,000 miles and runs great. The few negatives are the ABS, which quit working at about 50,000 miles, and the placement of the battery. At 12 years old, the car just now starting to show a little rust.

Favorite Features

I like the style and ride. Visability is great too

Suggested Improvements

More reliable ABS, better battery placement.

92 lumina-great car
By babyshu

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

my 92 lumina has been a really great car, very dependable, sometimes way over mileage for an ail change, but she has always gotten me there and back.we are just miles short from turning 240k miles and she still runs strong, all original parts.