Used 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Good yet bad?
By numcore

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

OK this car has been pretty good to me. I got very lucky on the whole mileage thing. The person kept it in their driveway for years. That's where the problems started. This car wasn't used to being used every day. Very very costly for everything. Most people can't work on it without special equipment meaning you have to take it to the dealer to get anything fixed. The air alone cost me major dolars not to mention the timing belt.

It's fast, picks up speed easily.

OneQuickLumina
By LuLu lover

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

My mom bought the Lumina(nicknamed Hotmama by friends) new in 1992. It's been an excellent car since then. It has broken a few times(4 alternators) and a few sets of brakes but only left me stranded one time in all 12 years. I would definitely suggest a Lumina to anyone. They're great cars!

The big, mean V8 sound/exhaust rumble. Factory sound system kicks! Been asked what I got in the trunk.(Just junk, no speakers)

Maybe a cupholder, better outside doorhandles, better fuel economy.

Yeah mine has 244,000 miles on it
By KatieKoolAid

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I have had to buy:struts,window motors, fuel pump, blower motor, dimmer switch, brake lines, rear rotors, front rotors, along with break pads and a heater core. My trunk leaks too, which makes for a car that smells like a foot. I can't use my cigarette lighter or my car phone charger in it because it will blow a fuse. My antilock breaks used to go off when I was driving down the road, pulled the fuse on that one. My driver side seat doesn't recline anymore. Than as of last week, air doesn't come out of the vents anymore and my cruise control decided it didn't wanna work anymore.

notta

CUPHOLDERS!

Cheap Thrills!
By Car Freak

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love these cars - I've had over 20 different cars and the Red Hot Z has to be one of my favorites. The "marriage" between the engine & trans is flawless -the performance is unmatched in a mid-size category for the cash. The brakes suffer a bit - changed out every 6 months - but GM is to send out some $$$ to offset. I'm buying another one in a few days - 212,000 miles on my last one! Recommend highly for the teenager or old dude that needs some cheap thrills. Don't let the price fool ya - Oh, & make sure the you get the front bearings checked around 80K-150K. used cars always need some preventative maintanence! Have Fun!

!

brakes - bearings - door handles - cupholder

Great First Car
By tec

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

150,000 miles and going strong. Has carried me through snow storms, getting married, having our first kid. Every time I get behind the wheel and drive on the hiway it feels like a race horse wanting to go faster and faster. It's low to the ground, wide wheel base makes it a joy to drive. The speedometer says up to 85mph , but who are they kidding.

Interior, overdrive, comfort for long drives. No bells or whistles just performance.

Breaks ( got repaired a while back (statinless parts), some body rust (below).