My first car is a dream come true
By Mikey likes it on
1991 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe
I pulled $2000 together and purchased a torch red 1991 Chevy Lumina Z34. For a car 12 years old and with some 134K miles on it, it still performs with more stamina than I would've ever expected of it, and its stylish good looks turn my family's/friend's/co- worker's heads in a way that makes me think I got the better end of the deal. But I didn't just buy it for those amicable qualities--I was looking for reliability. Something to get me to school, work, and then back home when the day was through (did I mention I live in Minnesota where we have below freezing weather 3 months of the year?) I definately got that, too.
Favorite Features
I like the throaty sound that eminates from the dual exhaust that only a throttle body injection engine could deliver. The grilles on the hood and the rear spoiler make the car look like a true sports car. And the 3.4L V6 makes it feel like a true sports car.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see improvments in user-friendliness, in terms of operating on the engine. Just to change the spark plugs requires removal of a panel and an extention socket adapter to reach far into the plenum where they're located. To me that just seems like a bit too much work.