1991 Chevrolet Lumina 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good Car - 12 years

1991 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Review

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

Good Car - 12 years later
By CJStudentUNC on

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a month ago to replace my Pontiac Bonneville which was falling apart. I still cannot believe what a great deal I got. I paid $2K for it (+ tax) and it's in great mechanical shape. The engine is clean and it runs beautifully. The only problems with it are some minor hail damage and a problem with a joint in the front passenger steering assembly ($150 to fix). I have already driven the car over 1500 miles. It runs great in town and is very comfortable on the highway. The 3.1L engine runs smooth and the gears get as much performance as they can out of it's 140hp. I highly recommend this model if you can find one in good condition.

Favorite Features

Euro styling, tan/black/red paint sceme, 3.1L V-6, alloy wheels, interior room. Back seat is huge for a coupe. Driver visibility, sporty suspension. Spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Larger instruments, pointed more towards driver's head than midsection. Environmental controls are almost out of reach.