1991 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Great car!!!
By Merriman on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I work at a used car dealership and Luminas are by far the best cars out there. I own a 91 Lumina with the 3.1 package and it is fantastic. My dad bought it in 93 with 30,000 miles on it and now it's up to 175,000. We've never had any major repair that needed to be done...just the usual parts that wear out, brakes, struts, tires, ect. It's been in three major acidents and it's still running strong. Although we've had to replace the calipers is the back about 5 times there have been no problems with anything. And once you've done the calipers twice you remember how to do them.

1991 Chevy Lumina
By Sarah on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My mother bought the vehicle almost new in 1992 and sold it to me when I moved out of state. It has been an excellent car. We never had any major problems until the car hit 100K, and at that point the shocks, struts, spark plug wires all had to be replaced. The gas gage stopped working. The hood also started to rust a little, and the paint started to peel in the back. However, we've never had any mechanical problems. The engine has never had to be repaired and I've never been leary about it breaking down on long trips. It has been a great car.

not a bad ride for the money
By jmar on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Lumina Euro sedan w/ the sport package. I pretty much just use it to get to work and it seems to be a decent buy so far. It has a nice ride, is roomy enough and has plenty of torque. Some negatives, the build quality is not all that great. The interior door panels feel like they will come off any day now. It is loud from the exhaust and also road/wind noise is a bit excessive. I have read that the rear brakes should be checked often and that the charging system is weak. Overall, this is a good car that you wont be embarrased to drive and can actually be fun to drive if you don't mind some fairly minor quality issues.

Solid and sound
By stankosky on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle from the original owner who only parted with it due to a death in the family. He talked how he loved going on road trips with it and hated to part with it. Well, I’ve had it for three years and it has been a great vehicle. I’ve had to give it a brake job twice, it likes to wear out the front pads. With 178,000 miles on the engine, it still runs strong. It is indeed a great highway cruiser. It’s smooth to ride in and handles turns and corners very well. The body is solid and I’ve only recently encountered a small area starting to develop some rust. I recommend the purchase of this vehicle.

I love this car
By Bushie bush on 03/05/02 18:11 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 2dr Coupe

Don't change it just make it faster.