1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Love my Ms. Lumina
By daniellee on 06/28/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my lumina. she is amazing love the mpg. usually get like 450 to a tank ^_^ It's a base with a 3.1. I love that engine no rust no tears rips or anything she's scuffed and scratched at my left turn signal comes on but doesn't blink it's weird. LOL sometimes she will shudder when the ac is on it's weird but it calms down when you roll the windows down but other than that she is amazing new headlamps new tires and were good to go.

Still going strong
By 92bravo on 01/17/10 14:09 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 16 years. With regular maintenance, it has held up very well. I had to replace the infamous manifold gasket in 1998. The rear calipers, the water pump and the power steering pump. It gets excellent gas mileage. One tap of the gas and she's gone. The lawyers cheated the consumers on the brake repair settlement because they had no idea that these cars would still be around 18 years later. A great car overall. GM should return to this quality of vehicle.

Would buy another
By George on 02/07/07 17:27 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $300 from a junkyard, who sold cars as trade-ins for other cars. Bought it with a broken engine mount, and after a 1200 mile trip the entire suspension is destroyed, but that's because of the normal wear and tear. This is still going strong at 179k miles, and I would rather pay to have this entire car fixed than actually buy another one. Even if I don't, i'm keeping the body to toss a 305 in, just to take it to the strip, thats how much i love this car!

Excellent car
By Brenda Helman on 08/28/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my car off a neighbor of mine who wanted to by a pickup and needed a little extra than what the dealer wanted to give for a trade in. I thought the car had a lot of miles on it. I knew the owner had taken very good care of the car. I have never had any trouble with it and it now has over 207000 miles on the original odometer. My Lumina was well worth the purchace.

Best Car ever built
By chessbruno on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 170,000 on it. I hoped it would last 6 months. I paid 1450.00 and it lasted 6 years!! I drive like a bat outa heck and this car has never failed me. Still goin' wuth 270,000 miles on it!

Lumina, 1991
By william clements on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 1991 Chev. Lumina. It has 171,000 miles on it and it runs great. We have never had any problems with it. It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I would put it up against anything.

207000 AND STILL RUNNING!
By Robbi on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed my car. I have changed the oil every 3k miles and have owned it 9 years. 207,000 miles later, it is starting to let me know it's tired. I would guess so!! Although brakes are notorius on the '91, the other repairs I've made have been minimal. I just replaced the original cat converter & muffler just last week. The engine and transmission have NEVER had problems and are still original. I have just standard plain 'ol basic interior and still looks good.....except for the dog hair!

EXCELLENT OVERALL
By SOLOMOND on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

NOW AHVE 220000 MILES AND STILL NO PROBLEMS. HAVE REPLACED ALTERNATOR, WATER PUMP, AND BRAKES (NORMAL WEAR). GREAT MILEAGE, VERY RELIABLE AND CHEAP TO RUN.

I love this car
By Lori on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had my Lumina for five years and it runs great. When it hit 100,000 miles, I had to have some work done on it but after that there were no problems. In 2002, the air conditioner broke and I decided to sell it because I live in Florida. It now has 140,000 miles and is running great. I will miss it.

OK car, bad brakes
By Go Bucks! on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 years ago and have had several problems. First, the rear brakes have had to be fixed numerous times, and still aren't right. But that's common for this car. I had to replace radiator when power steering pump blew up. It had a coolant system leak twice, had to replace intake manifold, and replace fuel pump and lines all in 3 years. But handles great with the 3.1L, has great visibility, and the AC and heating systems are the best I've ever experienced. AC will freeze you to death in 2 minutes!