Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Love my Ms. Lumina
By daniellee

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my lumina. she is amazing love the mpg. usually get like 450 to a tank ^_^ It's a base with a 3.1. I love that engine no rust no tears rips or anything she's scuffed and scratched at my left turn signal comes on but doesn't blink it's weird. LOL sometimes she will shudder when the ac is on it's weird but it calms down when you roll the windows down but other than that she is amazing new headlamps new tires and were good to go.

looks outside I hate that cluster. good visibility reliable as hell

bigger stock wheels would have been nice 14's ain't cutting it. better stereo and cluster. lol. remote keyless entry lol but now were getting far fetched lol

Still going strong
By 92bravo

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 16 years. With regular maintenance, it has held up very well. I had to replace the infamous manifold gasket in 1998. The rear calipers, the water pump and the power steering pump. It gets excellent gas mileage. One tap of the gas and she's gone. The lawyers cheated the consumers on the brake repair settlement because they had no idea that these cars would still be around 18 years later. A great car overall. GM should return to this quality of vehicle.

Gas mileage, reliability and dependability.

Radio died long ago. Interior is declining, paint job could have been better. Where is the refund for the 42 mil brake settlement? Lawyers kept the money.

Would buy another
By George

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $300 from a junkyard, who sold cars as trade-ins for other cars. Bought it with a broken engine mount, and after a 1200 mile trip the entire suspension is destroyed, but that's because of the normal wear and tear. This is still going strong at 179k miles, and I would rather pay to have this entire car fixed than actually buy another one. Even if I don't, i'm keeping the body to toss a 305 in, just to take it to the strip, thats how much i love this car!

Torquey engine, even for a lack of hp on a 3.1L.

Stronger motor choices

Excellent car
By Brenda Helman

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my car off a neighbor of mine who wanted to by a pickup and needed a little extra than what the dealer wanted to give for a trade in. I thought the car had a lot of miles on it. I knew the owner had taken very good care of the car. I have never had any trouble with it and it now has over 207000 miles on the original odometer. My Lumina was well worth the purchace.

Push button for the trunk is a nice feature. So is the location for the hood latch.

Standard transmission (5 speed would be nice). More guages to let you know what is going on with oil pressure, coolant temp, etc.

Best Car ever built
By chessbruno

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 170,000 on it. I hoped it would last 6 months. I paid 1450.00 and it lasted 6 years!! I drive like a bat outa heck and this car has never failed me. Still goin' wuth 270,000 miles on it!

Dependable

Chevy should keep making them!!!