1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
My Chevy Lumina Euro
By jamespa48 on 06/26/11 18:19 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I have a 1991 chevy lumina euro with 136,000 and I am repairing anything it needs. I think this will be my last car I bought it new in 1991 when I was 42 years old and now I am retired and 62. I am never going to get another car I will keep this till I die.

Love my Ms. Lumina
By daniellee on 06/28/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my lumina. she is amazing love the mpg. usually get like 450 to a tank ^_^ It's a base with a 3.1. I love that engine no rust no tears rips or anything she's scuffed and scratched at my left turn signal comes on but doesn't blink it's weird. LOL sometimes she will shudder when the ac is on it's weird but it calms down when you roll the windows down but other than that she is amazing new headlamps new tires and were good to go.

Still going strong
By 92bravo on 01/17/10 14:09 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 16 years. With regular maintenance, it has held up very well. I had to replace the infamous manifold gasket in 1998. The rear calipers, the water pump and the power steering pump. It gets excellent gas mileage. One tap of the gas and she's gone. The lawyers cheated the consumers on the brake repair settlement because they had no idea that these cars would still be around 18 years later. A great car overall. GM should return to this quality of vehicle.

not bad for an old car
By A. Schmidt on 09/08/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I just got this car for really good price. It runs very well! It hugs curves, and does wonderfully at higher highway speeds. Mine is the 4 door Euro. The driver side seat makes my back sore, though. And the inside is a dark blue cloth, and it's own way, it's quite nice looking. The outside body style is kind of pokey looking. Very fun to drive though. I'd drive this thing to the moon if I could.

Would buy another
By George on 02/07/07 17:27 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $300 from a junkyard, who sold cars as trade-ins for other cars. Bought it with a broken engine mount, and after a 1200 mile trip the entire suspension is destroyed, but that's because of the normal wear and tear. This is still going strong at 179k miles, and I would rather pay to have this entire car fixed than actually buy another one. Even if I don't, i'm keeping the body to toss a 305 in, just to take it to the strip, thats how much i love this car!

Excellent car
By Brenda Helman on 08/28/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my car off a neighbor of mine who wanted to by a pickup and needed a little extra than what the dealer wanted to give for a trade in. I thought the car had a lot of miles on it. I knew the owner had taken very good care of the car. I have never had any trouble with it and it now has over 207000 miles on the original odometer. My Lumina was well worth the purchace.

Great Car
By pjkt01 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 1991 Chevy Lumina Eurosport w/ TURBO, its a nice ride with excellent gas mileage. I just put new brakes and rotors on it and thats all it needed. The brakes arent as touchy as I am used to but oh well, Other than that it rides great, killer pick up and excellent gas mileage.

Best Car ever built
By chessbruno on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 170,000 on it. I hoped it would last 6 months. I paid 1450.00 and it lasted 6 years!! I drive like a bat outa heck and this car has never failed me. Still goin' wuth 270,000 miles on it!

An ok car
By Rohlffy on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

Its an alright car but it could get better. Not bad for a first car.

Lumina, 1991
By william clements on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 1991 Chev. Lumina. It has 171,000 miles on it and it runs great. We have never had any problems with it. It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I would put it up against anything.