Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

My first car is a dream come true
By Mikey likes it

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I pulled $2000 together and purchased a torch red 1991 Chevy Lumina Z34. For a car 12 years old and with some 134K miles on it, it still performs with more stamina than I would've ever expected of it, and its stylish good looks turn my family's/friend's/co- worker's heads in a way that makes me think I got the better end of the deal. But I didn't just buy it for those amicable qualities--I was looking for reliability. Something to get me to school, work, and then back home when the day was through (did I mention I live in Minnesota where we have below freezing weather 3 months of the year?) I definately got that, too.

I like the throaty sound that eminates from the dual exhaust that only a throttle body injection engine could deliver. The grilles on the hood and the rear spoiler make the car look like a true sports car. And the 3.4L V6 makes it feel like a true sports car.

I would like to see improvments in user-friendliness, in terms of operating on the engine. Just to change the spark plugs requires removal of a panel and an extention socket adapter to reach far into the plenum where they're located. To me that just seems like a bit too much work.

Not your ordinary lumina...
By drumchum

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,000 for this car this spring (still worth around 2,900.. good deal huh?). When I first got it, my friends did not know what kind of car it was. When i told them it was a lumina, they couldn't believe it. And with the 3.4 200 horse V-6 it's not much short of a Camaro. Overall. a good car.

3.4 V-6. The exterior styling was well ahead of it's time in 1992. This car also handles very well. Good BOSE soundsystem.

The interior is very cheap. Most of the interior is falling apart. Also, 17" wheels wouldn't hurt.

I love this car
By Bushie bush

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Don't change it just make it faster.

The 3.4L engine