Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

My first car is a dream come true
By Mikey likes it

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I pulled $2000 together and purchased a torch red 1991 Chevy Lumina Z34. For a car 12 years old and with some 134K miles on it, it still performs with more stamina than I would've ever expected of it, and its stylish good looks turn my family's/friend's/co- worker's heads in a way that makes me think I got the better end of the deal. But I didn't just buy it for those amicable qualities--I was looking for reliability. Something to get me to school, work, and then back home when the day was through (did I mention I live in Minnesota where we have below freezing weather 3 months of the year?) I definately got that, too.

I like the throaty sound that eminates from the dual exhaust that only a throttle body injection engine could deliver. The grilles on the hood and the rear spoiler make the car look like a true sports car. And the 3.4L V6 makes it feel like a true sports car.

I would like to see improvments in user-friendliness, in terms of operating on the engine. Just to change the spark plugs requires removal of a panel and an extention socket adapter to reach far into the plenum where they're located. To me that just seems like a bit too much work.

1991 lumina euro
By

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

poor fuel pumps should be recalled common problem. Interior falls apart easily. Bad injectors and a feww others bad. Otherwise when it runs good and everything is fine very good car lots of interior room. Recall door handels mine also broke twice!!!

stereo bose and handeling

tinted windows better fuel pumps and better door handels

Had Problems from the start
By Arianna

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my car however it has been nothing but problems since I bought it. I had to put new calipers on it, my seat belt doesn't work and the hood release broke as well plus it didn't have heat. My door handles broke off and it cost me 50.00 a piece for them. I had to put a new belt on it plus I have a few hole in my transmission line and my pan gasket keeps leaking.

It is very comfortable and easy to drive

no more door handles that are located on the window side of the car. Very expensive to fix. wish a recall would be reissued for the seat belts.

Good Car - 12 years later
By CJStudentUNC

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a month ago to replace my Pontiac Bonneville which was falling apart. I still cannot believe what a great deal I got. I paid $2K for it (+ tax) and it's in great mechanical shape. The engine is clean and it runs beautifully. The only problems with it are some minor hail damage and a problem with a joint in the front passenger steering assembly ($150 to fix). I have already driven the car over 1500 miles. It runs great in town and is very comfortable on the highway. The 3.1L engine runs smooth and the gears get as much performance as they can out of it's 140hp. I highly recommend this model if you can find one in good condition.

Euro styling, tan/black/red paint sceme, 3.1L V-6, alloy wheels, interior room. Back seat is huge for a coupe. Driver visibility, sporty suspension. Spoiler.

Larger instruments, pointed more towards driver's head than midsection. Environmental controls are almost out of reach.

Not your ordinary lumina...
By drumchum

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,000 for this car this spring (still worth around 2,900.. good deal huh?). When I first got it, my friends did not know what kind of car it was. When i told them it was a lumina, they couldn't believe it. And with the 3.4 200 horse V-6 it's not much short of a Camaro. Overall. a good car.

3.4 V-6. The exterior styling was well ahead of it's time in 1992. This car also handles very well. Good BOSE soundsystem.

The interior is very cheap. Most of the interior is falling apart. Also, 17" wheels wouldn't hurt.