1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
My first car is a dream come true
By Mikey likes it on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I pulled $2000 together and purchased a torch red 1991 Chevy Lumina Z34. For a car 12 years old and with some 134K miles on it, it still performs with more stamina than I would've ever expected of it, and its stylish good looks turn my family's/friend's/co- worker's heads in a way that makes me think I got the better end of the deal. But I didn't just buy it for those amicable qualities--I was looking for reliability. Something to get me to school, work, and then back home when the day was through (did I mention I live in Minnesota where we have below freezing weather 3 months of the year?) I definately got that, too.

1991 lumina euro
By on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

poor fuel pumps should be recalled common problem. Interior falls apart easily. Bad injectors and a feww others bad. Otherwise when it runs good and everything is fine very good car lots of interior room. Recall door handels mine also broke twice!!!

Had Problems from the start
By Arianna on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my car however it has been nothing but problems since I bought it. I had to put new calipers on it, my seat belt doesn't work and the hood release broke as well plus it didn't have heat. My door handles broke off and it cost me 50.00 a piece for them. I had to put a new belt on it plus I have a few hole in my transmission line and my pan gasket keeps leaking.

Good Car - 12 years later
By CJStudentUNC on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a month ago to replace my Pontiac Bonneville which was falling apart. I still cannot believe what a great deal I got. I paid $2K for it (+ tax) and it's in great mechanical shape. The engine is clean and it runs beautifully. The only problems with it are some minor hail damage and a problem with a joint in the front passenger steering assembly ($150 to fix). I have already driven the car over 1500 miles. It runs great in town and is very comfortable on the highway. The 3.1L engine runs smooth and the gears get as much performance as they can out of it's 140hp. I highly recommend this model if you can find one in good condition.

Not your ordinary lumina...
By drumchum on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,000 for this car this spring (still worth around 2,900.. good deal huh?). When I first got it, my friends did not know what kind of car it was. When i told them it was a lumina, they couldn't believe it. And with the 3.4 200 horse V-6 it's not much short of a Camaro. Overall. a good car.

Solid and sound
By stankosky on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Euro 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle from the original owner who only parted with it due to a death in the family. He talked how he loved going on road trips with it and hated to part with it. Well, I’ve had it for three years and it has been a great vehicle. I’ve had to give it a brake job twice, it likes to wear out the front pads. With 178,000 miles on the engine, it still runs strong. It is indeed a great highway cruiser. It’s smooth to ride in and handles turns and corners very well. The body is solid and I’ve only recently encountered a small area starting to develop some rust. I recommend the purchase of this vehicle.

I love this car
By Bushie bush on 03/05/02 18:11 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Don't change it just make it faster.