Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

1991 lumina euro
By

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

poor fuel pumps should be recalled common problem. Interior falls apart easily. Bad injectors and a feww others bad. Otherwise when it runs good and everything is fine very good car lots of interior room. Recall door handels mine also broke twice!!!

Favorite Features

stereo bose and handeling

Suggested Improvements

tinted windows better fuel pumps and better door handels

Good Car - 12 years later
By CJStudentUNC

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a month ago to replace my Pontiac Bonneville which was falling apart. I still cannot believe what a great deal I got. I paid $2K for it (+ tax) and it's in great mechanical shape. The engine is clean and it runs beautifully. The only problems with it are some minor hail damage and a problem with a joint in the front passenger steering assembly ($150 to fix). I have already driven the car over 1500 miles. It runs great in town and is very comfortable on the highway. The 3.1L engine runs smooth and the gears get as much performance as they can out of it's 140hp. I highly recommend this model if you can find one in good condition.

Favorite Features

Euro styling, tan/black/red paint sceme, 3.1L V-6, alloy wheels, interior room. Back seat is huge for a coupe. Driver visibility, sporty suspension. Spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Larger instruments, pointed more towards driver's head than midsection. Environmental controls are almost out of reach.

Solid and sound
By stankosky

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle from the original owner who only parted with it due to a death in the family. He talked how he loved going on road trips with it and hated to part with it. Well, Iíve had it for three years and it has been a great vehicle. Iíve had to give it a brake job twice, it likes to wear out the front pads. With 178,000 miles on the engine, it still runs strong. It is indeed a great highway cruiser. Itís smooth to ride in and handles turns and corners very well. The body is solid and Iíve only recently encountered a small area starting to develop some rust. I recommend the purchase of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

I like the handling of the vehicle. It is very responsive in corners and turns. It has great performance with the 3.1 engine and reasonable gas mileage. Can pass another vehicles in a hurry. The body styling still appeals to me.

Suggested Improvements

The braking design. The rear brakes don't seem to wear even and the fronts wear out to fast. Better cushioning in the front seat.