Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

My Chevy Lumina Euro
By jamespa48

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I have a 1991 chevy lumina euro with 136,000 and I am repairing anything it needs. I think this will be my last car I bought it new in 1991 when I was 42 years old and now I am retired and 62. I am never going to get another car I will keep this till I die.

Love my Ms. Lumina
By daniellee

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my lumina. she is amazing love the mpg. usually get like 450 to a tank ^_^ It's a base with a 3.1. I love that engine no rust no tears rips or anything she's scuffed and scratched at my left turn signal comes on but doesn't blink it's weird. LOL sometimes she will shudder when the ac is on it's weird but it calms down when you roll the windows down but other than that she is amazing new headlamps new tires and were good to go.

Favorite Features

looks outside I hate that cluster. good visibility reliable as hell

Suggested Improvements

bigger stock wheels would have been nice 14's ain't cutting it. better stereo and cluster. lol. remote keyless entry lol but now were getting far fetched lol

Still going strong
By 92bravo

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 16 years. With regular maintenance, it has held up very well. I had to replace the infamous manifold gasket in 1998. The rear calipers, the water pump and the power steering pump. It gets excellent gas mileage. One tap of the gas and she's gone. The lawyers cheated the consumers on the brake repair settlement because they had no idea that these cars would still be around 18 years later. A great car overall. GM should return to this quality of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Radio died long ago. Interior is declining, paint job could have been better. Where is the refund for the 42 mil brake settlement? Lawyers kept the money.

not bad for an old car
By A. Schmidt

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I just got this car for really good price. It runs very well! It hugs curves, and does wonderfully at higher highway speeds. Mine is the 4 door Euro. The driver side seat makes my back sore, though. And the inside is a dark blue cloth, and it's own way, it's quite nice looking. The outside body style is kind of pokey looking. Very fun to drive though. I'd drive this thing to the moon if I could.

Favorite Features

great engine + transmission. great handling.

Suggested Improvements

needs cupholders, but I guess it take away from that 'sporty' look though...

Would buy another
By George

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $300 from a junkyard, who sold cars as trade-ins for other cars. Bought it with a broken engine mount, and after a 1200 mile trip the entire suspension is destroyed, but that's because of the normal wear and tear. This is still going strong at 179k miles, and I would rather pay to have this entire car fixed than actually buy another one. Even if I don't, i'm keeping the body to toss a 305 in, just to take it to the strip, thats how much i love this car!

Favorite Features

Torquey engine, even for a lack of hp on a 3.1L.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger motor choices