Used 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Most Helpful|
not a bad ride for the money
By jmar

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 91 Lumina Euro sedan w/ the sport package. I pretty much just use it to get to work and it seems to be a decent buy so far. It has a nice ride, is roomy enough and has plenty of torque. Some negatives, the build quality is not all that great. The interior door panels feel like they will come off any day now. It is loud from the exhaust and also road/wind noise is a bit excessive. I have read that the rear brakes should be checked often and that the charging system is weak. Overall, this is a good car that you wont be embarrased to drive and can actually be fun to drive if you don't mind some fairly minor quality issues.

Favorite Features

Good Engine Roomy Looks good w/ Alloys and Sport package

Suggested Improvements

Rear Brakes Alternator Poor build quality

1991 lumina euro
By

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

poor fuel pumps should be recalled common problem. Interior falls apart easily. Bad injectors and a feww others bad. Otherwise when it runs good and everything is fine very good car lots of interior room. Recall door handels mine also broke twice!!!

Favorite Features

stereo bose and handeling

Suggested Improvements

tinted windows better fuel pumps and better door handels

Had Problems from the start
By Arianna

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 2dr Coupe

I love my car however it has been nothing but problems since I bought it. I had to put new calipers on it, my seat belt doesn't work and the hood release broke as well plus it didn't have heat. My door handles broke off and it cost me 50.00 a piece for them. I had to put a new belt on it plus I have a few hole in my transmission line and my pan gasket keeps leaking.

Favorite Features

It is very comfortable and easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

no more door handles that are located on the window side of the car. Very expensive to fix. wish a recall would be reissued for the seat belts.

Would buy another
By George

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $300 from a junkyard, who sold cars as trade-ins for other cars. Bought it with a broken engine mount, and after a 1200 mile trip the entire suspension is destroyed, but that's because of the normal wear and tear. This is still going strong at 179k miles, and I would rather pay to have this entire car fixed than actually buy another one. Even if I don't, i'm keeping the body to toss a 305 in, just to take it to the strip, thats how much i love this car!

Favorite Features

Torquey engine, even for a lack of hp on a 3.1L.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger motor choices

OK car, bad brakes
By Go Bucks!

1991 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3 years ago and have had several problems. First, the rear brakes have had to be fixed numerous times, and still aren't right. But that's common for this car. I had to replace radiator when power steering pump blew up. It had a coolant system leak twice, had to replace intake manifold, and replace fuel pump and lines all in 3 years. But handles great with the 3.1L, has great visibility, and the AC and heating systems are the best I've ever experienced. AC will freeze you to death in 2 minutes!

Favorite Features

AC, heater, visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be quieter, smoother, and a more comfortable seat. Brakes need massive improvements, and engine needs to be more reliable.