1990 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
never a problem
By allthatndoritoes on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina 2dr Coupe

Of all the years I've drove this car I never had any major problems. I've had the fuel pump go but that was all. The car is roomy, comfortable and has an good trunk size.

I Loved It
By sscooter on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Lumina for almost 2 years before I could afford to buy mine used. I bought it 3 years old, with 102,000 miles on it. It had been well maintained and I kept that trend. When my daughter got hit by another driver, the car had over 264,000 miles. Still the original engine and transmission. Normal expected maintainence and upkeep, but no major machanical problems. The brakes wore out a little faster than other cars I've had, but that was a characteristic of this model. I had to replace the alternator about every 2 years; thank goodness for Pep Boys lifetime warrenty. I had only paid $4,000 for the car...I definately got my money's worth!

WAS a good car
By CharlieK18 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought this vehicle in February of 90 with 183 miles on it. As my first vehicle for the past 3 years, I hot rodded it quite a bit. But ofcourse it did not have power, so I built a coolair intake, added a throttle body spacer, changed to a sport exhaustm, and changed the cam to a sport racing cam. This total bumped me up to almost 200 HP. I was able to outrun people with the 3.1L engine. But over the past 3 years, the sport performance parts caught up to the transmission, and the other day, it was completely shattered. The car had approximately 128,000 miles on it. It was my favorite car, and will miss it no matter what else I have.

my lumina
By bisa on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

i feel this car, from the perspective of a young adult, has a large outer body and unattractive appearance. due to my age i feel this car unsuitable in appearance; however i give high marks to reliablity because this car gets me from locations a to b with moderate gas consumtion.