1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

Euro Sedan (3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:
Its a reliable car! But....
By My Lumina on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

My lumina is not in the best shape... when I bought it everything was great... however I never really took care of it. The 3.1L engine is very easy to fix. I got into a car accident, and totaled the other car, my Lumina started up, and drove away. I aslo had an experience with water, the water was all the way up to the bottom of the doors, and engine was partly submerged, it started JUST GREAT!!!! And ran awesome! However I have a transmission leak, and have heard that it is pretty common for my model Lumina.

My First car
By enb74 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

The Lumina was the first car I owned. I purchased it in 97 w125K Miles We drove this car everywhere. From NY to Canada to the South you name it. Great car great performance. Brakes wear is a trend of Lumina but not a big deal. Gas Mileage is decent for a used car. We sadly retire the Car at 276K Miles !! Original engine and trany. GM did a good job with this car and I will forever remember that.

I Loved It
By sscooter on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I wanted a Lumina for almost 2 years before I could afford to buy mine used. I bought it 3 years old, with 102,000 miles on it. It had been well maintained and I kept that trend. When my daughter got hit by another driver, the car had over 264,000 miles. Still the original engine and transmission. Normal expected maintainence and upkeep, but no major machanical problems. The brakes wore out a little faster than other cars I've had, but that was a characteristic of this model. I had to replace the alternator about every 2 years; thank goodness for Pep Boys lifetime warrenty. I had only paid $4,000 for the car...I definately got my money's worth!