Used 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

The Alumina Foil
By John

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has over 278,000 and may make it to 300,000 it has been through 2 sons learning to drive, and they are not easy on vehicles. It is still running strong, only have had to do minor work, Wonder if Chevy would like it back for a study, They did good on this 3.1 FI engine. Only parts replace fuel pump, 250,000, radiator and 275,000. Keep the oil changed, Tran fluid changed, it goes and goes. If GM could repeat this with all their cars, Bankruptcy would never be in their history.

Roomy interior, pick-ups up good even after 20 years.

Paint was not right on this year this one is now all primer just to keep the service rust down, and curb the flaking.

Old "Mina"
By Mol

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

For what this car lacks in the looks department it more than makes up for in the reliability department! It literally doesn't matter what you do to it, this car refuses to quit running- and I've done a LOT to it... It totes my dogs around, it's been hit by a deer... it's been left in the woods with the windows down in the rain (by the previous owner...). At 147,000 miles the ride's now a little dicey sometimes, but that can be expected with any geriatric car!

It's like driving a sherman tank. Hitting a deer knocked 4 squares out of the grille.

Mine's got a lot of little things wrong... overall, though, the model is pretty good. It's so heavy, though, that it doesn't get great gas mileage.

Sweet Magpie the Miracle Car
By Slanball

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Lumina for 800 and it had 150k miles on it. My intention was just to drive it into the ground and buy a better car. But, I have yet had the opportunity to junk this magical car. I've put about 35k miles on it and have had to do $0 worth of work to it. Sure it leaks oil, has terrible shocks that I wont replace, and looks bad, but this car has literally saved me thousands of dollars that I didn't have.

Reliability, reliability, reliability.

Little Red
By kj2711

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 96 I believe. It had 190,000 miles on it. Just turned 244,800+ miles this week and still going just not as strong as she used to. Gets about 19-20 MPG around town and 27-29 MPG on the highway. No major problems until about 2 years ago but everything that had to be replaced since then was just age. Within the last 2-3 years, I've replaced the heater core, fuel pump, radiator, rack & pinion, power steering pump and water pump. Getting ready to sell it because I'm ready for something newer with lower miles. Still dependable transportation for daily use around town.

Lots of leg room - front and back seats. Lots of trunk space.

Wish GM still made this vehicle - I'd buy another one.

old Blue
By Koots

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car in 93. Replaced head gaskets once. Two water pumps.One rebuilt failed Two crankshaft sensors, one non gm. One ps pump, got one from junk yard. Two rear brake calipers, poor design. One cat converter. Has 206000 miles on it. Drives like new. Very dependable. Rusty rockers.

3.1 engine, overdrive trans, Frt wheel drive. Rack and pinion steering.

Lumbar supports, eliminate torque convertor lockup shutter, install Tcc lockout switch. I did.