Used 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Lumina - Consumer Reviews

1990 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

I was surprised...I love my Lumina
By amcelr2

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

I brought my Lumina 2 years ago...It was already 18 years old but it only had 90,000 miles on it. It was a 1 owner but it had been sitting for about 2 years. I wasn't crazy about it when I went and looked at it but once I drove it I was really impressed and I got a really good deal. I have had no problems at all besides brakes and I have put 55,000 miles on it. It is very well made and fun to drive. It holds the road and has all the power I need and then some. It is very reliable, I know I can hop right in it and take it anywhere I need to go and it looks really nice cleaned up. Even though it is now 20 years old, it is one of the best vehicles I have ever brought! Very well made...

Favorite Features

How well it handles and the 3.1 V6. Plenty of get up and go which makes it so fun to drive...

Suggested Improvements

I would say probably the brakes, have had to put brakes on this twice, they seem a little bit weak. Also the door handles. I have broke the one on my passenger side and it had to be replaced. They break very easily. The doors are so heavy and they get all the weight because of where they are placed.

Good, reliable car
By ads93

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used in '95 with 63K miles. Had a new 3.1L engine put in due to factory recall that same year. Only routine maintenance was needed. The life of the brakes may have been the only negative, however it wasn't too bad. Got me through college and the first 6 years after graduation.

Favorite Features

Handling was nice and tight. Decent performance. Very smooth at highway speeds. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could have been more robust.