Very glad I bought my Lumina 5 years ago
By Brad L. McIlvain on
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan
5 years ago I saw a 96 Lumina Mini- van.Dark red with the ground effects package. Checked it out and test drove it. I was amazed at the power it had.I think the v6 is 190 hp or so,and it only weighs 3300lbs. It only gets 17mpg around town but I get 25mpg on the highway,with a best of 27.I have driven to Colorado a number of times,with trips to Las Vegas,Phoenix and even a 24 hour drive to Miami and 24 hours back. I drove Phoenix to Albequerque on 1 tank of gas and made it home on 1.That was 1000 miles with one stop! Never had any mech. problems or breakdowns.
Favorite Features
The removable seats and flexible config.With seats out,there is plenty of room to roll out a sleeping bag for camping.And I love the sporty ground effects and solid burgandy paint.Roof rack is handy. I have cartopped a 10ft john boat and trailored a 14ft sailboat at the same time.
Suggested Improvements
I can't suggest any improvements,since chev. went to the venture mini-van in 97. I only wish it cornered as well as it does everything else. But of course it is a mini-van!!!