Durable Van
By Todd on
1996 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan
I purchased this van in 2001 with only 50000 km on it. I have put another 160000 on it since then. We have used it as a daily commuter, vacationing vehicle and transport vehicle to help friends and family move. It has seen its share of use and abuse. I have been diligent with regular maintenance, and for the first 207000 km I have had no problems with the motor or transmission. Just recently at 208000 km the intake manifold gasket has started to leak. Over the years I have replaced the water pump, fuel pump, wiper motor, interior fan motor, and driver's seat cushion/chasis. Breaks and tires are the only other things that I have had to dump money into, but hey, nothing lasts forever!
Favorite Features
Power train durability! AC still blowing cold at 210000 km. I'll drive this van into the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if it lasts 300000 km! Way to go Chevy!
Suggested Improvements
There were no head rests on the middle and back row seats. The dustbuster body style wasn't a great choice. I'm sure my kids will be pushing me to sell it once they get their learners license!