1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina Minivan model:
My ' 95 Lumina APV
By PR BOYD on 01/15/09 11:18 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought this van in '00 with a blown engine and 140,000 miles. I put a new 3800 v-6 in and it now has over 276,000 miles. Front suspension, starter, wheel bearings, AC compressor , cruise control, electric window motors and cracks in the windshield are problem areas.

Old warhorse
By Ralph on 10/11/07 07:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

This is probably one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I've completely worn the front end out commuting to DC every day and had it rebuilt at 193k. I've been run into four times the last time totaled. I go to the junk yard and put the thing back together with used parts. I just turned 247k without any engine or transmission failures. Waterpump, ac compressor clutch, wheel bearings, cv joints, and many other parts have been replaced. The old girl looks like hell but just keeps running. Fuel mileage is outstanding at 21/26 at 70mph. Not many new minivans do that well. I bought the car with 99k for $3500 in 2000. Since then I've put 148k on her. I figure I've gotten $14800 of use at $.10/mile

Not Worth the Money
By Cherry Hallback on 04/10/07 18:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

Just bought the van from a private owner one month ago. All seemed fine until one day it rained and had to use the windshield wipers. It has caused an electrical shortage twice and now the van won't crank. Since I've had the van I have spent $1000 on tires and engine problems. Now the driver door won't open and the passenger window won't let up. I'm going to cut my ties and move on.

Nice Van
By Ken on 02/08/06 18:10 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

I've had my Chevy for 11 years now. It's a great car. I haul 2 atvs with it with no problem. I have 182,000 miles on it and can still smoke the tires off the line. Best buy I have ever made. Only problem was at 172,000 miles, the transmission went out, but it was cheap to fix. I still have it and it's running strong. Still take it on trips that go about 500 miles. Gets about 20-26 miles to the gallon. Love that I can take out the seats and put stuff in the back. I will drive this to the ground, no doubt about it.

The Car Stinks
By draco on 11/11/05 02:22 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

Well in the one year that I have owned my pre owned van, I have had to rebuild the transmission, fix multiple engine problems, all kinds of brake problems, windshield washer fluid problems. The power windows only work when they want to, and the power sliding door no longer works at all.

Has to be a Chevy!!
By RAllen on 09/06/05 03:53 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

This is my family vehicle. I waited 7 years to have a van and I'm glad I picked this one. Bought it used for a good price and to top it off it's 10 years old and only has 109,000 miles. Everything on it works the way it should. I am very pleased with my decision. It rides great and is ROOMY! I get decent gas mileage for it being 10 yrs old. If you are looking for a used van this is it! And of course it has to be a Chevy..that says it all.

takes a licking keeps on ticking
By pak on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

had a dealer ask me for this vehicle the other day. 151,689 couple of brake jobs, couple of altenators, couple of blower motors, couple of washer pumps and a wiper motor. in over a hundred thousand miles. I don't want to give it up. here's to another 100,000.

Aint so bad...
By vincent on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

I love this van although I still really need a sports car. It doesn't look bad, will never rust out and get nearly 30 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. (3800 V6). Front windshield wipers were a problem at 60,000 miles stopped intermitantly... replaced the motor and all is fine... this is a very common problem with these vans. I expect to replace the wiper motor agian as I am at 105,000 miles. Cooling system was also trouble... got rid of the "pink stuff" replaced radiator, waterpump and a head gasket at 65,000 and not a problem since. If you have trouble just fix them this is a solid package.

Buyer's Beware
By keliborne on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

From the time I bought this vehicle it has been an absolute nightmare. No power what so ever climbing even the smallest of mountains, constantly overheating, and now a blown up transmission. I do love the comfort of the vehicle, but could have bought a brand new vehicle for less after all of the money I have put into. Be careful when buying a used vehicle of this type.

"The Cadillac of Minivans"
By Lonnie King on 03/10/02 03:43 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

This van has a look that makes it hard for people to tell how old it really is! The back seats are built solid at 33 lbs. each, and pop out of the floor in 3 quick and easy steps. This van is in the movie "Get Shorty". You can see the power sliding door in action (an LS option on John Travolta's van) that is so helpfull when you have your hands full. I strongly agree with the movie pronouncing "This is the Cadillac of minivans!"