1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan Consumer Review: Still Going Strong!!!

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan - Consumer Review

Still Going Strong!!!
By Buy American! on

1994 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

I got this Lumina Van for $1 at the ripe old age of 13 with 194,000 miles on it from a family friend. It needed a Tie Rod End on the left because it had a shimmy and shake I couldn't take. I charged the air, changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. It needs a new headliner but living with it. The automatic ride leveling rear shocks are shot but my mechanic said I can save money and put regular shocks on it for between $200 & $300. Also I had a wizzing sound in the front that sounded like the alternator - I changed that and the belt for about $230 but that didn't solve the problem. Used a hose up to my ear and the other end to the pulleys - its the compressor - mechanic says don't worry.

Space Ship Feel Inside. Cloth seats are still like new after 200K miles. It was featured in "Get Shorty" movie with Travolta and DeVito as the "Cadilac of Minivans", Remote Sliding Door, Fun, Spacious, Aerodynamic, Fuel Efficient, The Style is Back in Vogue. Before BIG SUVs we had a SMART MiniVANs

Well after 200K miles - what do you expect this thing is still going strong - look out Honda! Tires, Muffler, Belts, Hoses, Oil and Filters, Tie Rod Ends, Shocks, Compressor pully squealing. Show me a Honda that doesn't have all these replaced or is needs to be replaced soon after 200K miles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review