1991 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan Consumer Review: Lumina APV

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan - Consumer Review

Base Passenger Minivan (3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic)

Lumina APV
By Liberty on

1991 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

My partner and I travel lots, and we needed a van for cargo and people hauling.I like the bucket seats becouse the seating is the most flexable than other minivans. I do most repairs myself, and this is one of the most easiest minivans to service. The 3.1 V6 is underpowered, but has good city fuel mileage. I haven't had any major problems, yet. The rear liftgate door is hard to close, and there's a few squeeks and rattles here and there. The low front step in height makes it possable for my grandmother to get in and out without help, unlike other vans and suvs. I'm happy with the APV. I'll own another one, but with the 3.8 engine.

Rear bucket seats that easily pop out. Low front step in height. Ease of service and low service costs. The never-rust, never ding fiberglass body. Fuel mileage (city).

The underpowered 3.1 TBI engine. Harsh, winey 3-speed automatic transmission. The sharp, protudeing corners on the front doors, (OUCH)! Rear leg room. Poor brakes.