"One of the oldest rides still on the road."
By cadiyama on
1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Cargo Minivan
My wife was driving this 1990 Chevrolet Lumina APV when we met back in 2002. To make a long story short, I am now the principle driver of this soon to be antique while she gets around in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Ours is one of several still on the road in this area alone, so I bet there are a good many still out there across the country. Sure, I have had to make the expected repairs and all, but this Chevy is still going strong with 164,000 original miles on her. I am going to drive this van until the wheels fall off. I am presently looking for a bumper snicker that says "Don't Laugh, It's Paid For!"
Favorite Features
It is a very versatile vehicle. It can go from a three row seven seater to a cargo van in a few minutes if it has to. This van also has high visibility for the driver with the abundant window display.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the vehicle was fitted with a full size spare tire. Whoever came up with the temporary donut spare tire should have that small tire doused with gasoline and placed over his head then set afire. Maybe that is a bit extreme but these tires should only be used on vehicles that run on thirteen inch wheels and below not on a vehicle as large as a Lumina APV even though it runs on fourteen inch wheels. I also wish the headliner was done differently. I keep mine up with my trusty stapling gun.