1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lumina Minivan model:
"One of the oldest rides still on the road."
By cadiyama on 10/15/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Cargo Minivan

My wife was driving this 1990 Chevrolet Lumina APV when we met back in 2002. To make a long story short, I am now the principle driver of this soon to be antique while she gets around in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Ours is one of several still on the road in this area alone, so I bet there are a good many still out there across the country. Sure, I have had to make the expected repairs and all, but this Chevy is still going strong with 164,000 original miles on her. I am going to drive this van until the wheels fall off. I am presently looking for a bumper snicker that says "Don't Laugh, It's Paid For!"

Crazy ride!
By james gunn on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan CL 3dr Minivan

Bought this van in 2004, now has 198,000 on it. This is the best 500.00 I have ever spent for a vehicle! Replaced brakes and oil changes, that is all. Now the heater core is blown. Doing it soon. One fantastic ride!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Gerbear on 10/31/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

I love my Lumina. It's close to 200K and now getting ready to replace it. Has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned and has been fairly easy to work on, no major problems since 1989 and gets reasonable gas mileage and power/acceleration. I still drive it on long trips. It owes me nothing.

It Looks Like a Dust Buster
By Joe H. on 04/08/06 15:40 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

It may look like a Dust Buster but it doesn't suck! Have had ours about 12 years now, 200k on the odometer... just had to replace the brake lines...that is the only money I have put into it other than, oil, tires and occaisional brake pads!

We loved it!
By Suzann F on 03/01/06 21:58 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan CL 3dr Minivan

We got this van when my kids were 8 and 10. It was great for hauling everyone to and from activities throughout their childhoods. The front freaked other people out but I loved it and never had a problem getting used to it. Both my kids learned to drive in it. We always felt very safe in it too. Were were in one major accident with it only a year after purchasing it. The van fared quite well for hitting another vehicle at 45 miles an hour. We suffered NO major injuries just a few bruises. It was great for long trip too. You could adjust the seat to whatever kind of travel you were doing. The fact we have kept it for 16 years should give you a good indication how we feel.

Best In design
By Tom1984 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan CL 3dr Minivan

Very good support on body structure, peticularly front and side impact. Accelerates well, motor runs strong. Transmission shifts excellent for 113000 miles. Slight engine rusting, but no problems with mission capability

Love this weird looking van
By Steve Gessner on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

When I bought my APV almost 8 years ago I never expected this odd looking van to last this long. It now has 210000 miles on it and shows no sign of stopping. Things are literally falling off on the inside I've driven it so much. This has been a GREAT vehicle. I just bought a 2000 Venture used, hoping that it's follow-on can continue this tradition.

Great Minivan
By Kip on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan 3dr Minivan

My 1990 APV is about to roll over 200,000 miles. Still has original engine and transmission as far as I know. This has been a very reliable van for my family and my business. I even used it to tow a trailer for a while and it performed very well. Parts are cheap and it's pretty easy to work on. M

Great Minivan
By on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)