2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Brake Noise

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/1LT)

Brake Noise
By bryce001 on

2014 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our new 2014 Impala LT. So far it seems to be a very good car in every aspect except one...there is a distinct grinding/rubbing noise when the brakes are applied. The dealership has not been able to identify, solve the problem. GM is researching the issue. The dealership has examined all parts of the brakes and cant find any problems, yet the noise is there, it is audible and it is annoying (especially now the we are tuned in to it). I have not seen this problem identified in any of the many consumer reviews I have read?

Suggested Improvements

Fix my brake noise.... Raise the front end an inch or two.
By determined54
on 04/05/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

I bought a brand new mid-size SUV in 2011 and my brakes makes a noticeable noise at times especially when backing up. I took it back to the dealer and to another specialist as well and was told my Vehicle has Metallic Brakes that will make that sound until the brakes are warm! Hope this was helpful!!!!!!!!!!!

By browzer
on 04/13/14 06:19 AM (PDT)

I have a 3 month old 2014 impala with the same grinding noise but only when the car has been sitting overnight. It goes away in about 15 minutes of driving. Not sure why this should be attributed to metallic brake pads which have been around for decades...