2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: After 30 months in the Impala

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2014 Chevrolet Impala

LTZ Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic w/2LZ)

After 30 months in the Impala
By cdnbrian on

2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car.
I have owned this car for 4 months and have driven it 16,000 Km.
The controls in this car are well planned and laid out.
The voice activated controls and the controls on the steering wheel are great but unnecessary. My Champagne coloured car with the Mojave interior is striking.
People look and comment all of the time.
The trunk holds everything a party of 4 adults can pack and the ride is still comfortable.
Winter tires are required on this car.
I live in a snow belt in Ontario, Canada and with proper tires I got through more snow than many drivers will ever see.
This is my 4th Chevy.
The last three travelled over 1 million Km without major repairs.

After driving the car for 30 months everything that I said in the first review is still true. The car gets more enjoyable to drive the longer I have it.
I still find all of the controls to be place perfectly for the driver. There is no need to look when adjusting the HVAC or the sound system for anyone buying a model without the voice or steering wheel controls.
I have had one warranty repair, the sun roof wouldn't open which required reprogramming of the body control module.
This car handles like a much smaller vehicle. The turning radius is small so parking this car is a breeze.
The fuel mileage still amazes me for a car of this size and engine power. You can use a lot of gas and of course you can also pay a lot of tickets with this much oomph from the 3.6 engine.
I am completely satisfied with my Impala. I tell friends that if this car got wrecked I would likely replace it with the same model and configuration.

• Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jasontran
on 05/09/14 14:54 PM (PDT)

The car indeed is one of the quietest car on the road ...I love the high-note engine roar...it is very pleasant. The interior, as you have written, is suprisingly well designed and luxurious. It is also get very good mileage, too