2014 Chevrolet Impala 3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic w/2LT Consumer Review - Snow

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic w/2LT)

Snow
By jeff272 on

2014 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I liked this car until winter came. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in snow, worse even than my Cruze, Cobalt and Grand Am. I can be on level ground on 2 inches of snow and just sit and spin. I took it to the dealer to see if they would check the tires and see what's going on, but they brushed me off and said they couldn't look at it.
By cdnbrian
on 02/12/14 18:45 PM (PST)

I have the LTZ 6 cylinder and I live in a snow belt in Ontario. I replaced a 2003 Impala that couldn't be beat for driving in snow. In this part of Canada you install winter tires. The 2014 Impala is not as good as the last one was in snow, but it's as good as most cars in the snow. This is a great vehicle and I bet winter tires would help . Start off in second gear and maybe you won't spin so much.

By equinoxdriver
on 03/09/14 07:16 AM (PDT)

I had a similar issue with a 2011 Equinox, the "new" model. The problem was that Chevy's using "low resistance" tires to get an extra half mile to mile per gallon of economy - that's why the air pressure's pumped up to 35 psi. But that same low resistance quality on asphalt makes those tires useless on snow. One quarter inch of snow would leave me unable to get out of my driveway, and I grew up on the Great Lakes. I know snow driving. Changing the tires greatly improved circumstances. Is the Impala shipping with low resistance tires the way the Equinox does?