2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Drive to Reno

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LTZ Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic w/2LZ)

Drive to Reno
By camille37 on

2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

On break in drive to Reno car handled perfectly. On return trip ran into rain and moisture could be felt coming thru the air vents.

Favorite Features

Blind spot indicator and handling

Suggested Improvements

Design needed to prevent moisture from entering the cabin during through the outside vents while driving in rain.
By joe2155
on 06/20/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

I hope that Chevrolet brings back the wood grain accents that are shown on all interior pictures of the LTZ on the Chevrolet website. The ones at the dealers are all missing the wood accents around the navigation screen, upper dash and upper door panels. It's been replaced by some gray plastic. That's something I would expect on the LS model but not on the LTZ which can exceed $40k. I've pointed this out to several salesman and they had no idea that this change had been made.

By poorthingflint
on 07/26/13 04:24 AM (PDT)

Drove the new Impala and it is definatly a game changer for GM. Lots to like in the V6 version. You are aware of the heft of the vehicle from time to time and there are some areas in the interior that reflect cost cutting but even with that the interior is a big improvement at all levels. No question the biggest improvement in this vehicle is in the areas of ride,noise levels,handling and fit and finish. I liked the car but bought a Avalon Touring sedan. Why you might ask? Liked driving the car more,prefered the over all styling inside and out of the car and last but not least I have more confidence in the long term reliability of the car. Bottom line GM will have to earn my business due to previous bad experiences but it looks promising if the new Impala is any indication. Time will tell. If you bought one I could not fault your dession.