2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Motor problems
By wmailey

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

25000 K and cracked head replaced in the last two weeks. What's the problem with the ABS, I haven't heard anything about it. Should I be scared driving it? NOT HAPPY

mirror trim keeps falling off
By browzer

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok - this is admittedly a weird problem. The exterior forward facing chrome-colored plastic mirror trim has disappeared twice from the passenger side of my 2014 Impala. There is absolutely no damage to the remaining mirror so I'm pretty sure nothing hit it. I think it just fell off by itself. anyone else experience this?

After 3 months in the Impala
By cdnbrian

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car. I have owned this car for 4 months and have driven it 16,000 Km. The controls in this car are well planned and laid out. The voice activated controls and the controls on the steering wheel are great but unnecessary. My Champagne coloured car with the Mojave interior is striking. People look and comment all of the time. The trunk holds everything a party of 4 adults can pack and the ride is still comfortable. Winter tires are required on this car. I live in a snow belt in Ontario, Canada and with proper tires I got through more snow than many drivers will ever see. This is my 4th Chevy. The last three travelled over 1 million Km without major repairs.

The interior. This car is a joy to drive/ride in. Everything seems just right. I doubt if you could find a quieter car on the highway. The six cylinder engine will get up and go, if you want to.

This Impala is not as good as my previous model in the snow. I live in an area where a foot of snow falling overnight is normal. This car drove through everything that this winter threw at it but not near as sure footed as the last Impala.

Brake Noise
By bryce001

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our new 2014 Impala LT. So far it seems to be a very good car in every aspect except one...there is a distinct grinding/rubbing noise when the brakes are applied. The dealership has not been able to identify, solve the problem. GM is researching the issue. The dealership has examined all parts of the brakes and cant find any problems, yet the noise is there, it is audible and it is annoying (especially now the we are tuned in to it). I have not seen this problem identified in any of the many consumer reviews I have read?

Fix my brake noise.... Raise the front end an inch or two.

2014 Impala LTZ rocks
By jukeboxeddie

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a game changer for Impala. I have owned 14 Impalas since 2000 - my wife and I get one on alternate years. Mine is the LTZ and she has the LT2. The 2014 is by far the best yet. It does have a few flaws -- poor backup camera resolution, forward A-pillar blind spots, not great in snow/ice conditions. To me, this car is a far-weather vehicle and not designed for Winter driving. The 20" wheels are ok but tend to work poorly in snow/ice. Radio tuning is slow and lags when switching stations. Navigation ease of use is excellent.

Navigation, Bose centerpoint stereo system with 11 speakers; handling, smooth ride, nice interior, a real head-turner car.

Higher resolution on the backup camera. This is mandatory on this car due to its low profile.