2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Brake Noise
By bryce001

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our new 2014 Impala LT. So far it seems to be a very good car in every aspect except one...there is a distinct grinding/rubbing noise when the brakes are applied. The dealership has not been able to identify, solve the problem. GM is researching the issue. The dealership has examined all parts of the brakes and cant find any problems, yet the noise is there, it is audible and it is annoying (especially now the we are tuned in to it). I have not seen this problem identified in any of the many consumer reviews I have read?

Suggested Improvements

Fix my brake noise.... Raise the front end an inch or two.

2014 Impala LTZ rocks
By jukeboxeddie

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a game changer for Impala. I have owned 14 Impalas since 2000 - my wife and I get one on alternate years. Mine is the LTZ and she has the LT2. The 2014 is by far the best yet. It does have a few flaws -- poor backup camera resolution, forward A-pillar blind spots, not great in snow/ice conditions. To me, this car is a far-weather vehicle and not designed for Winter driving. The 20" wheels are ok but tend to work poorly in snow/ice. Radio tuning is slow and lags when switching stations. Navigation ease of use is excellent.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Bose centerpoint stereo system with 11 speakers; handling, smooth ride, nice interior, a real head-turner car.

Suggested Improvements

Higher resolution on the backup camera. This is mandatory on this car due to its low profile.

Stiff and Uncomfortable Ride
By brianl19

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: - Great exterior design - Great interior design - Got all the little things right Cons: - Got the most important thing wrong: the ride is terribly uncomfortable. Extremely stiff ride. Feel every bump and road imperfection in the car. Enough to make me hate getting in the car to drive anywhere. Also feel much more engine vibration through steering wheel, frame, and seat than I would expect from this level of car. There is enough vibration to give me headaches on my commute to and from work. Dealership says it is normal for the car and thinks it rides smoothly. If that's GM's definition of a smooth ride, then it is time to look elsewhere.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, interior design, infotainment system, moon roof

Suggested Improvements

Ride comfort - loosen the suspension, improve the engine mounts, etc.

Snow
By jeff272

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I liked this car until winter came. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in snow, worse even than my Cruze, Cobalt and Grand Am. I can be on level ground on 2 inches of snow and just sit and spin. I took it to the dealer to see if they would check the tires and see what's going on, but they brushed me off and said they couldn't look at it.

WOW!
By italiangrandpa

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have owned many GM products. This Impala ranks as the BEST we have ever had. Great styling and comfort. Simply put the car is a real head turner.

Favorite Features

The Craftsmanship. The fit and finish are superb. No flaws or shoddy workmanship.

Suggested Improvements

For lack of nothing else to complain about. Maybe make the mirrors not as wide. The fit thru our garage door is a little tight.