2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Brake noise
By demanda1 on 06/06/14 09:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying this is my 2nd 2014 Impala (someone hit & totaled my first one-it had 10k miles). I never had any issues with my first car. My new car has a constant clunking in the front passenger wheel. I took it in 3 separate times and was told it was normal. It was "backlash in the differential." It happens when you slow to about 10 mph or less, and happens every time. It is very annoying. The noise can be heard over the radio and I can feel the clunk in the brakes. I know it isn't normal because my first car didn't make that noise. They are working with GM to find out if anyone else is having the problem.

Motor problems
By wmailey on 05/29/14 14:47 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

25000 K and cracked head replaced in the last two weeks. What's the problem with the ABS, I haven't heard anything about it. Should I be scared driving it? NOT HAPPY

mirror trim keeps falling off
By browzer on 04/13/14 06:24 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ok - this is admittedly a weird problem. The exterior forward facing chrome-colored plastic mirror trim has disappeared twice from the passenger side of my 2014 Impala. There is absolutely no damage to the remaining mirror so I'm pretty sure nothing hit it. I think it just fell off by itself. anyone else experience this?

After 3 months in the Impala
By cdnbrian on 03/24/14 17:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car. I have owned this car for 4 months and have driven it 16,000 Km. The controls in this car are well planned and laid out. The voice activated controls and the controls on the steering wheel are great but unnecessary. My Champagne coloured car with the Mojave interior is striking. People look and comment all of the time. The trunk holds everything a party of 4 adults can pack and the ride is still comfortable. Winter tires are required on this car. I live in a snow belt in Ontario, Canada and with proper tires I got through more snow than many drivers will ever see. This is my 4th Chevy. The last three travelled over 1 million Km without major repairs.

Brake Noise
By bryce001 on 03/12/14 08:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our new 2014 Impala LT. So far it seems to be a very good car in every aspect except one...there is a distinct grinding/rubbing noise when the brakes are applied. The dealership has not been able to identify, solve the problem. GM is researching the issue. The dealership has examined all parts of the brakes and cant find any problems, yet the noise is there, it is audible and it is annoying (especially now the we are tuned in to it). I have not seen this problem identified in any of the many consumer reviews I have read?

2014 Impala LTZ rocks
By jukeboxeddie on 01/20/14 09:40 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a game changer for Impala. I have owned 14 Impalas since 2000 - my wife and I get one on alternate years. Mine is the LTZ and she has the LT2. The 2014 is by far the best yet. It does have a few flaws -- poor backup camera resolution, forward A-pillar blind spots, not great in snow/ice conditions. To me, this car is a far-weather vehicle and not designed for Winter driving. The 20" wheels are ok but tend to work poorly in snow/ice. Radio tuning is slow and lags when switching stations. Navigation ease of use is excellent.

Stiff and Uncomfortable Ride
By brianl19 on 01/06/14 08:41 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: - Great exterior design - Great interior design - Got all the little things right Cons: - Got the most important thing wrong: the ride is terribly uncomfortable. Extremely stiff ride. Feel every bump and road imperfection in the car. Enough to make me hate getting in the car to drive anywhere. Also feel much more engine vibration through steering wheel, frame, and seat than I would expect from this level of car. There is enough vibration to give me headaches on my commute to and from work. Dealership says it is normal for the car and thinks it rides smoothly. If that's GM's definition of a smooth ride, then it is time to look elsewhere.

Snow
By jeff272 on 01/02/14 10:54 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I liked this car until winter came. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in snow, worse even than my Cruze, Cobalt and Grand Am. I can be on level ground on 2 inches of snow and just sit and spin. I took it to the dealer to see if they would check the tires and see what's going on, but they brushed me off and said they couldn't look at it.

WOW!
By italiangrandpa on 10/31/13 11:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have owned many GM products. This Impala ranks as the BEST we have ever had. Great styling and comfort. Simply put the car is a real head turner.

High class car with low class backup cam
By alabama4 on 10/17/13 13:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LTZ for 10 weeks. It didn't take long for me to notice that the rear view camera has such low resolution that the view has no details - everything is a blur. To me this a safety issue. When I need to see what's behind me, I use the mirrors and turn around and look through the rear window. Its a shame that Chevy chose to install a very low end camera into their new Impala which has been favorably compared to the Lexus LS class. This has been a big disappointment to me because the Impala is a really wonderful vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*