2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Impala navigation
By Dean Sellers

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM's latest navigation system: Routing "Style" provides for "Fastest", "Ecco Route" and "Shortest Route". Fastest – this directs to 4 lane roads, freeways / interstate roads – regardless of longer distances. Shortest – this directs you over unsurfaced roads. Ecco – this does pretty effective routing. There is no option to "Avoid unsurfaced roads”.

Favorite Features

Maps are good and easily read in direct sunlight.

Suggested Improvements

Improve trip duration calculation and ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) Add an option to "Avoid Un-surfaced roads".

More Than I Expected....
By warm2855

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's rare when you buy something and it's better than you expect....but that's just what my 2014 Chevy Impala 2LTZ delivered....quiet on the road, 29 mpg, great Bose stereo, enough power on the freeway (a little short on acceleration but not much...wish they had a v8 up front)....in short, this car, over 18000 miles, has been a pleasure to drive and service at my dealer has been great....very, very happy with this car...and I used to own the big Mercedes and BMW's...while this car isn't one of those, it is a great value....if you're looking at the German autos, add the Chevy to your shopping list.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride Great Bose stereo Great mileage Very nice interior Clean exterior lines Spacious

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats

Full of Defects
By dsn888

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new in April of 2014. 20" GM wheels rub during low speed turns. Two defective steering wheels - leather stitching falls apart. Electronic parking brake will not disengage resulting in smoking brakes and red hot rotors + fire hazard. Back-up camera display goes black when gear selecter placed in reverse. Collision alert system false alarms when no vehicles are in the road in front. Navigation system does not recognize voice commands and gets you lost. Has trouble finding adresses. The constant problems with electronics and wasted return trips to the dealership for repair make this a not recommend vehicle. Got rid of it at 7500 miles and 6 months use. Lost 50% Value.

Favorite Features

Bright headlamps Paint + body style Powerful engine Heated steering wheel Ventilated seats Bose Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Replace low resolution backup camera with better quality high resolution camera. Scrap the design on the collision alert system - false alarms are not acceptable and will irritate you constantly. Scrap the entire Navigation + Chevy My Link system - very undependable and fustrating to use. The centerlane cross over alert is extremely annoying. The 18 MPG average makes this an expensive vehicle to drive. Qualty control is lacking - too many defects

Brake noise
By demanda1

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying this is my 2nd 2014 Impala (someone hit & totaled my first one-it had 10k miles). I never had any issues with my first car. My new car has a constant clunking in the front passenger wheel. I took it in 3 separate times and was told it was normal. It was "backlash in the differential." It happens when you slow to about 10 mph or less, and happens every time. It is very annoying. The noise can be heard over the radio and I can feel the clunk in the brakes. I know it isn't normal because my first car didn't make that noise. They are working with GM to find out if anyone else is having the problem.

Favorite Features

The saftey. My first car, I was hit in the driver's side, and I walked away. All the airbags deployed and the car was totaled.

Suggested Improvements

fix the noise.

Motor problems
By wmailey

2014 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

25000 K and cracked head replaced in the last two weeks. What's the problem with the ABS, I haven't heard anything about it. Should I be scared driving it? NOT HAPPY